Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0

Default How to Invoke Lockscreen?

Hey guys (and gals),

Is there a way to invoke the lockscreen w/o having to double-tap the power button? Ideally, I'm looking for a shortcut/button that will do it quickly. I'm running NOVA Launcher and was hoping there was a Nova Action to do this, but, I could not find one.

Any thoughts? thanks!

Default Re: How to Invoke Lockscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by ksat View Post
    Hey guys (and gals),

Is there a way to invoke the lockscreen w/o having to double-tap the power button? Ideally, I'm looking for a shortcut/button that will do it quickly. I'm running NOVA Launcher and was hoping there was a Nova Action to do this, but, I could not find one.

Any thoughts? thanks!

Do you have Nova Prime? Can you assign a free lock screen app to one of the gestures?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0

Default Re: How to Invoke Lockscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Do you have Nova Prime? Can you assign a free lock screen app to one of the gestures?
    Interesting idea...I do have Prime... Just a matter of finding the right app in the ocean we call Google Play! The few that I have tried simply turn the screen off completely - for example, 'Lock Screen' by SMARTAPPDEVS. Simple app to invoke lockscreen, but, actually just turns the screen off and, by default of system settings, invokes lockscreen. I was hoping to find a way to invoke just the lockscreen without having to power back on. In all honesty, I'm not even sure it is technically feasible... but, worth a question.

Guess I'll keep searching.