Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default music player popping using aux cord galaxy s5

I have a problem with my galaxy s5. When I have it plugged into my car stereo using an aux cord evertime I change songs it makes a "pop pop" sound like the speakers are cutting out. This only happens with my phone and no one elses. Anyone else had this probelm and know how to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: music player popping using aux cord galaxy s5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lighton View Post
    I have a problem with my galaxy s5. When I have it plugged into my car stereo using an aux cord evertime I change songs it makes a "pop pop" sound like the speakers are cutting out. This only happens with my phone and no one elses. Anyone else had this probelm and know how to fix it?

deleted

First thing I would do is try a different Aux cable, after that try a different music playing App.

Happened with another phone I had every now and then. Not sure if it's the same, I use my cassette player.

My volume was up on both, too loud. Mostly my car volume was up.
    I just put the cord in my phone first now and then put the cassette player in. Not sure if that's an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lighton View Post
    This has happened to me a couple of times as well. I was at the grocery store and had my headphones on, and every 3-6 minutes I'd get some loud distortion, cracking, or popping noise. I was listening to google music at the time if that matters.

It doesn't always happen, but it sometimes does, and it is annoying. It is not the cable.

I've solved the issue. The reason that it makes a pop sound in between songs, is because when power saving mode is on, it is turning off the speaker in between songs. Just turn off "power saving" mode in your settings pull down on your Samsung, and it won't make a pop sound anymore.