Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should it be significantly slower to transfer files to the SD than the phone?

Hello,

I have been watching a lot of shows on my phone in mkv format, but have noticed that they dont play well if i put them on the card. For some reason files dont transfer to the card nearly as fast as they do to the internal memory. is this normal? Using a new PC with usb 3.0 ports and cable

Default Re: Should it be significantly slower to transfer files to the SD than the phone?

I use MX Player for all my movies and videos. It supports a lot of formats including mkv.Never had a problem yet. I used it on my Droid 4 and now the S5 with no problems. Maybe look into that one. It's free.

Not sure about the transfer time. I transfered some mp4 on a usb 2.0 and it seemed quick to me. I didn't try it on internal to see if it was faster.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Should it be significantly slower to transfer files to the SD than the phone?

the device itself plays the mkv files just fine, however if i transfer them to the card via my pc they often get corrupted unless i do it one at a time