Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jon Jackson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Earphones not working...

Having trouble getting both earphones to work that came with the phone. Am I missing an option that needs to be turned on?
    Please help...

Default Re: S5 Earphones not working...

Sounds silly but when I first used them, I said I something was wrong and my BF made it work, said I didn't push it in good, it's very tight so you need to push a bit harder perhaps, it makes a slight clicking sound when depressed all the way. Seems like you have it in cause it has that feel but nope.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Still not working. Only one side is working, like before. Any other tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Sounds silly but when I first used them, I said I something was wrong and my BF made it work, said I didn't push it in good, it's very tight so you need to push a bit harder perhaps, it makes a slight clicking sound when depressed all the way. Seems like you have it in cause it has that feel but nope.

I can't think of anything other than trying some other ear buds to make sure it's not the phone. I suspect there is something wrong with your pair of ear buds. I would try any pair, a friends, an old pair, a stores....the place you bought it from. If it is the ear buds, then I would get another pair, they are really good and you are owed a pair. IF it is the phone, I would get it replaced quickly before your 15 days to exchange expire (assuming they have not already)
    debdroid1a likes this.

If it turns out that it's not your phone... you can get a new pair of the Samsung ear buds for $6 on Amazon... they are OEM. Search "Samsung Galaxy S5 ear buds."

Quote Originally Posted by hendu1075 View Post
    Still not working. Only one side is working, like before. Any other tips?

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Did you check in the sound settings and make sure it's not set to Mono ?