Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By QuadForce
  • 1 Post By debdroid1a
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I love this phone

Got my S5 on Monday and thus far has been an excellent experience. I switched from T-mobile (had a Moto-X) to Verizon (unlimited data) and came very close to buying another X, but ended up going with the S5 due to several reasons. The only thing I really miss is touchless controls.. other than that I am thrilled with this phone. I replaced the launcher with Nova, disabled animations, disabled magazine, and this thing seems really fast. The low light photos on this thing are about what I would get in decent light with my motox, but in good light the photos pop like crazy. Any who.. just wanted to say I like the phone
    neiljay6 and debdroid1a like this.

Default Re: I love this phone

Awesome!! I love this phone as well. Nice to see a positive comment. While this forum is obviously going to attract people needing info, having a gripe etc, most people are probably having a great time with this phone. In my opinion, it's the best phone in the world. Although, the Note 3 and HTC is pretty smoking too!

Question, how did you get unlimited on Verizon? They're not offering that anymore. I switched from Verizon to T-mobile to get unlimited data.

Second I also love this phone. I kept most of what you got rid of. I haven't found the touchwiz launcher to be that bad. I did get rid of magazines (really samsung?).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I did an assumption of liability of someones account who had it. I purchased it on ebay.
    Thanked by:

I heard of doing that.

I thought of staying with Verizon, but my dad has an S3 on t-mobile and it works great. So instead of paying outright for a phone, putting it on monthly payments or whatever else I could haggle, I just switched. Saving over $20 a month.
    Just an FYI I've used 7.2GB of data and my billing cycle ends 5/15. I'm not a major user of data, but the other little plans don't cut it for me. And this isn't watching movies (downloaded a few from Google play to watch offline). That's another thing I like about this phone, the screen size is great for movies or photos. I came from a Droid 4.
    My phone is my entertainment system.
    QuadForce likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I had no issues with t-mobile, the $30 a month plan for 5GB of data and 100 minutes worked perfectly for me. I recently accepted a part time job working from home for my previous employer (doing tech support), and I needed internet at my house as neither cable or DSL are available. I had verizon homefusion installed which is around $60 for 10GB a month. It worked ok, but one day it went down and stayed down for 30+ hours. Luckily I was still within my 14 days and I returned it promptly. I'm now using my S5 + foxfi (one of the reasons I purchased the S5) to connect my voip phone and PC to work. This moth I'm at 19GB's. I don't do a lot of downloading, just typical pandora and youtube here and there. I'm on wifi at work most of the week.