Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Download bug on t-mobile

Sometimes when I'm using my galaxy s5 I will encounter a strange bug. It seems to be random but I'm not really sure how to deal with it. At randoms times I'll try and refrest a twitter feed or download a video or a song and my device will just hang the download. It will say its downloading but in the status bar I'll notice that my device is only uploading and the download arrow will not light up. I have figured out a quick fix to the problem. Simply putting it into airplane mode will resolve the problem also powering the device off and on works too but it is annoying to have to do it 3-10 times a day. I don't think its my service because I'll get instant download after coming out of airplane mode. This happens on both WiFi and cellular network. So I don't know it is my service. I dont know if there is a fix for this or I should get my device swapped out. Anyone experiencing this problem? Or does anyone have a perminant fix to this?

Default Re: Download bug on t-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Jeziorski View Post
    Sometimes when I'm using my galaxy s5 I will encounter a strange bug. It seems to be random but I'm not really sure how to deal with it. At randoms times I'll try and refrest a twitter feed or download a video or a song and my device will just hang the download. It will say its downloading but in the status bar I'll notice that my device is only uploading and the download arrow will not light up. I have figured out a quick fix to the problem. Simply putting it into airplane mode will resolve the problem also powering the device off and on works too but it is annoying to have to do it 3-10 times a day. I don't think its my service because I'll get instant download after coming out of airplane mode. This happens on both WiFi and cellular network. So I don't know it is my service. I dont know if there is a fix for this or I should get my device swapped out. Anyone experiencing this problem? Or does anyone have a perminant fix to this?
    Go to recovery and clear cache then data, this will fix the problem
    clearing data will remove all the apps and games
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

I'm having this same problem! Very strange... Same here my service is solid don't think it's my service. I thought the bug was with pocketcasts but then i tried going to other apps and it'll do it in other apps as well. Google search will say can't reach google, other apps as well. I would disconnect data or change from lte to hspa and it'll fix it for a while, sometimes it doesn't though. I have to restart usually once a day. But the really weird thing is that it started happening on my s4 about 2 months ago, Then about a month ago I got my s5 and kept having all the same problems!

Posted via Android Central App

I'm starting to wonder if it's being caused by an app I have installed that was on my s4, then I installed on the s5 and the problem continued. The other thought I had is maybe it's something with my Sim card? I didn't use the new Sim they sent me with the s5 I kept the old one I had, so I may try that soon because this is getting pretty annoying. Yesterday I was out and was trying to look up a place to navigate to and I had to spend ten minutes messing with my phone to get it to load. Pretty annoying. Hav you thought about any of these possibilities? Sim card maybe?

I've been experiencing the same problem, i constantly have to go to airplane mode and back to resolve my connection! This happens at least 3 times a day. It must be a samsung defect, because it happened on my metro pcs galaxy s3, and now on my metro pcs galaxy mega 6.3. I've gone into recovery mode to clear cache, even factory reset, and tried safety mode. And it still happening!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I have widgets on my home screen that show and control WiFi, 4g, 3g and Data independently. There are times when the wireless will be turned on, but data not established right away. When I tap the data widget, it seems to resolve that issue (much like your going in/out of airplane mode).

I use Juicedefender with somewhat aggressive settings and turning off data and/or wireless is part of how it saves battery life while idle. I assumed it was because of that.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't believe it is a Sim because I don't even have one ibstalled. It could possibly be an app but I wouldn't have a clue which one it was.. It also might be a hardware fkaw because everyone else I talk to Doesnt have this problem

This might be a bug on firmware, try Reflashing your firmware using odin

Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer