C Locker Great alternative to the lack of Lockscreen Widgets and more

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The author is from XDA, so I finally decided to give it a try yesterday, I mean, to the paid version, because I've used the free version before, well in a summary, Wow, great great app, it worth every cent, at least for me.

You customize your Lockscreen fully, you have the gesture to unlock features (bye bye knockr), App shortcuts, weather and calendar widgets, all notifications with previews, well you name it.

For those of you looking for an alternative to the no Lockscreen Widgets and many more options and great look for the S5, look no further, Look in the Play Store for C Locker.

Screenshot_2014-05-10-09-14-42.png

Screenshot_2014-05-10-09-15-04.png

Screenshot_2014-05-10-09-41-23.png

Screenshot_2014-05-10-09-41-31.png

Last edited:

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried the C Locker for a few hours and found that it caused some severe battery drain. I'm trying a few adjustments to see if this can be improved upon.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried the C Locker for a few hours and found that it caused some severe battery drain. I'm trying a few adjustments to see if this can be improved upon.

I don't know, I've using it since yesterday and my battery is as usual, so far today I'm at 62% after 12.5 hours unplugged and 2hrs 38mins of screen on time.

Definitely take a look at the settings as I don't see how it can affect that much your battery unless you are using the Location settings and /or your weather widgets settings are screwing something else.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Follow up.

Yesterday, after having C Locker installed for a Full day, I ended up having the best Battery life I've had in this phone or ever. Take a look.

Screenshot_2014-05-11-00-36-16.png
Screenshot_2014-05-11-00-36-29.png
Screenshot_2014-05-11-00-35-43.png

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I also tried it and had severe battery drain on my droid mini.

Well, I don't know what to tell you both, as you can see that in my case, my battery yesterday was the best battery ever, and today I'm still at 30% with over 4 hours 45 minutes of screen time.

If you ask me, it must be the weather and location settings, these are the only 2 things in the app settings that if not adjusted may cause battery drain.

beeray

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't know what to tell you both, as you can see that in my case, my battery yesterday was the best battery ever, and today I'm still at 30% with over 4 hours 45 minutes of screen time.

If you ask me, it must be the weather and location settings, these are the only 2 things in the app settings that if not adjusted may cause battery drain.

My location setting was off and I never have a weather widget. Who knows

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The one that I'm using is the native one from the app, you select it going to Lockscreen Widgets, just long press to add a widget and go to C locker widgets and you will find the Weather information.

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I found the app quite upsetting. It's supposed to be a locker, the free version does not lock your device (supposedly the paid version does). Even when it shows it is locked, you can still pull down your notification bar and adjust all your settings without having to input the required lock code. That SHOULD have been the number one priority, even for the free version. Secondly, my weather widget never updated, was always blank with a minus - symbol. I do give the developer some credit for nifty features, but bottom line, even the free version should secure the device if advertised as a screen locker.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I found the app quite upsetting. It's supposed to be a locker, the free version does not lock your device (supposedly the paid version does). Even when it shows it is locked, you can still pull down your notification bar and adjust all your settings without having to input the required lock code. That SHOULD have been the number one priority, even for the free version. Secondly, my weather widget never updated, was always blank with a minus - symbol. I do give the developer some credit for nifty features, but bottom line, even the free version should secure the device if advertised as a screen locker.

About the security one, sorry but that sounds just like a settings misconfiguration or misunderstood, if you go to the Security Section of the app settings and in the 'Turn your Default Lock Screen Option' you direct either None or Swipe to unlock it will behave just like the normal settings on your phone, but I have tried on mine, Password, Code and even Finger print and in all cases it works as expected. Just cheek what I'm saying here to see if something was not correct.

About the Weather widget, did you set your City manually or did you select automatically? I'm asking because I haven't had any issues but I set mine to manual, and I entered it manually.

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The program even prompts you to set the devices screen lock to None. What is the sense in having to enter a code in the C Locker to unlock the program, then having to perform another security function from the phones own security to get into the phone? I tried everything to understand if I had a setting incorrect, but to no avail, I could still always pull the notification bar down, unless the system security was in place.

The weather widget is no big deal, I use a different app for that purpose, so is really a non-issue.

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, let me rephrase that. The app requires you to be ROOTED in order for the notification bar to be locked. See thumbnails below.

Which all of us S5 users know that the phones settings are on the notification bar.
uzesedeb.jpg
8eve3uze.jpg

gadgetfreak2

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to avoid the two step process of having to slide your finger from the lock icon to the unlock icon and then do a fingerprint swipe? I would love to be able to do the fingerprint swipe the second I turn on the phone (like I can with the standard lock screen). That extra step is really driving me nuts. Thx.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to avoid the two step process of having to slide your finger from the lock icon to the unlock icon and then do a fingerprint swipe? I would love to be able to do the fingerprint swipe the second I turn on the phone (like I can with the standard lock screen). That extra step is really driving me nuts. Thx.

In C Locker, go to Security/Turn Off Default Lockscreen option and select None.

gadgetfreak2

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That is not what I meant. I already did that. Here is the situation. When you use the standard fingerprint lock through Samsung (without C Locker) once you press the power key or the center key, you can immediately swipe your finger to unlock the phone. Even if I disable that when using C Locker, after turning on the screen (either with power button or center button), you must first slide your finger from the lock icon to the unlock icon and THEN you need to slide for your fingerprint. I am trying to find a way for the fingerprint reader to show up immediately when you power on the device to eliminate the need of having the extra step or sliding your finger from lock to unlock.In addition to the extra step, I am also finding it difficult to slide perfectly to the unlock icon (I often slide to a different shortcut or even to the bar at the bottom which then opens the settings.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
That is not what I meant. I already did that. Here is the situation. When you use the standard fingerprint lock through Samsung (without C Locker) once you press the power key or the center key, you can immediately swipe your finger to unlock the phone. Even if I disable that when using C Locker, after turning on the screen (either with power button or center button), you must first slide your finger from the lock icon to the unlock icon and THEN you need to slide for your fingerprint. I am trying to find a way for the fingerprint reader to show up immediately when you power on the device to eliminate the need of having the extra step or sliding your finger from lock to unlock.In addition to the extra step, I am also finding it difficult to slide perfectly to the unlock icon (I often slide to a different shortcut or even to the bar at the bottom which then opens the settings.

I'm afraid the app wasn't developed to do that, the way it was designed and for it to make sense you need to awake the phone somehow and then you will find C Locker the waiting for you to read your notifications and other info you added to it and it waits for you to tell it what to do.

Related to the unlocking process and that you sometimes slide to another app instead of the unlock icon, you should rearrange the orders of the icons to an easiest way and/or do what I did and set tap actions to unlock the phone, I set to 2 taps to unlock and 3 taps to turn the screen of again.

C Locker gives you tons of options in the Lockscreen, but it won't do what you want, if you still prefer to awake to ask you the fingerprint, then I think that you will only be able to do that with the default lockscreen.

gadgetfreak2

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually, that is very helpful information and the double tab is an EXCELLENT suggestion. Since it is only available with the paid version, before I buy the app, can you please answer one more question? On the paid version, how many widgets can be on the screen at once? Right now, I am limited to 3 or 4 as each takes up the entire width of the screen and I am limited by the height. If I were to find a clock app that is only half width and weather app that is also only half width, could the two be on the same "line"?

Thx.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually, that is very helpful information and the double tab is an EXCELLENT suggestion. Since it is only available with the paid version, before I buy the app, can you please answer one more question? On the paid version, how many widgets can be on the screen at once? Right now, I am limited to 3 or 4 as each takes up the entire width of the screen and I am limited by the height. If I were to find a clock app that is only half width and weather app that is also only half width, could the two be on the same "line"?

Thx.

I don't think you can share the same line with multiple C LOCKER widgets, not even with the paid version. Only thing is that the paid version allows you to use your apps Widgets, and maybe you can explore the idea of using Weather and Clock Widget App, that way you will have weather and clock on only one widget.

Anyways, with the new Play store policy you have up to 2 hours I think to try an app and if you don't like it you can ask for the refund.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7