Galaxy S5: Vibrate is WAY TOO WEAK

potatoes are fine

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I am used to my old LG ENV3 flip phone and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with how weak the Vibrate is on the GS5. I cannot feel my phone if it's on my belt, in the otterbox case/holster. sad....

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am used to my old LG ENV3 flip phone and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with how weak the Vibrate is on the GS5. I cannot feel my phone if it's on my belt, in the otterbox case/holster. sad....

Really?? I think the vibration on my S5 is to much!! it makes such a noise when its on my desk in work. Its actually quieter if I take of the vibrate and have a basic notification tone. Have you tried changing the vibration patern? maybe the zig zag option is a good idea as its a prolonged vibrate?

navymoms

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much! I just switched my S5 to the zig zag pattern and now it's perfect. For some reason, my otterbox was muffling the vibrate, too.

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you and so does my daughter. I changed to zig zig so my calls are a bit better, but I still miss some calls and pretty much ALL texts. It's very annoying. I used to hear my S3 vibrate from across the room even in a TPU case.

I just took off my Verizon silicone case and it's definitely a little better. I wonder what kind of case I can use that won't muffle it too much.

flixnpix

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree that the vibration is WAY too weak. Previously I had a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and I had different vibration patterns set for phone, email accounts and text. I would holster it on my belt and turn off the sound. Then when it would vibrate I immediately knew what kind of notification it was by the pattern of vibration. It was great in meetings because no one heard anything, so I was VERY disappointed when I tossed my BlackBerry in favor of access to more apps on Android, to find that I can't even feel ANY vibration from my S5 through the holster on my belt (I tried 4 brands of holsters). I set the vibration to the highest level and set different vibration patterns like I was used to with the BB, but I feel no vibration at all unless it's in my pocket (something I don't like to do) or on my desk at work. So, now I've set sounds to alert me what kind of notification it is, which is heard by everyone around me. I'm not happy about that at all. Maybe the BB was better for a work environment because it was designed for that. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12