Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By natefish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: How to change the default app that opens when car's Bluetooth button is pressed ?

Does anyone know, how to change default application that opens when car's Bluetooth button is pressed?

I have accidentally selected Google Now at the start but, I want to change it to open S-Voice now.

You'd expect that can be done from Settings>Applications> Default Applications but, it's not there.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S5: How to change the default app that opens when car's Bluetooth button is pressed ?

Can you clear Google Now defaults? Just curious: why do you prefer S Voice over Now? Seems to me like everything takes longer on S.

Posted via Android Central App
    rob damiani likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: How to change the default app that opens when car's Bluetooth button is pressed ?

One option may be this below.
    It's in the manual page 131

If car mode is running in the background, you can use a voice command to wake up car mode. This feature is not available if the device is already set to launch Google by saying “OK Google”. To deactivate wake-up voice command, on the Apps screen, tap Google→ →Settings→Voice,andthentickHotworddetection.

I'm using Media Button Router, it sounds like what you're looking for.

Go to setings and then default settings.
    Then press end.

After a lot of research and phone calls to Google, I finally found the right utility app to get the job done. A+++

I use a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet, and no matter what I did, I could not get past the default Samsung S5 music player - until now.

Install this program. MEDIA BUTTON ROUTER (link above)
    Select Google Play Now in the applications list, as well as S-Voice.

You need to say "open app play music" to run Google Play, as opposed to simply saying "Play Music" as a command. Set Google as the default, and all works as expected. The other headset buttons allow me to pause, next, previous just like the standard music player does. Great little app, and I'd be happy to pay for this if it was not free. 5-stars, and many thanks to the developer!