Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vsweety
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I gotta stay still to take good quality pics?

I gotta stay still in order to take good quality pics when Im using a phone? Also zooming in would ruin the quality? I think that's bs. I've taken a few pics with my phone a couple yrs ago and the quality was crappy. [creepy stuff redacted by moderator] I quickly got out my phone and took a pic but it was all blurry. Now instead of having a pic or two to remember that moment, all I have now is my memory of that amazing moment. Now I have the latest and best phone out there right now, the Galaxy S5. I hope this solves the problem I have of taking high quality pics while on the move.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default re: I gotta stay still to take good quality pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayarea13 View Post
    I gotta stay still in order to take good quality pics when Im using a phone?
    Yes, when using any kind of camera, including phones.
    This is why they invented tripods, 170 years ago.
    However, not only the camera needs to be still to get sharp, good quality pictures. FYI: the subject of your picture also needs to be still, unmoving, too.

Also zooming in would ruin the quality?
    Yes, when it's a digital zoom-in, which most phonecams have.

I think that's bs.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, even if it's wishful thinking.

I've taken a few pics with my phone a couple yrs ago and the quality was crappy. [creepy stuff redacted by moderator]
    [another redaction (sorry)]

but I quickly got out my phone and took a pic but it was all blurry. Now instead of having a pic or two to remember that moment, all I have now is my memory of that amazing moment. Now I have the latest and best phone out there right now, the Galaxy S5. I hope this solves the problem I have of taking high quality pics while on the move.
    No, it won't.
    The S5 camera is just another camera. So if you want focused pictures you will need to keep the (phone)camera still, while the subject of your picture needs to be still too.
    The S5 is not Harry Potter's magic wand.
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Default re: I gotta stay still to take good quality pics?

For snapshots, of course you have to be still. It's a phone, not a high end dslr. Even so, from the scene you describe.. why were you shaking so bad that it ruined the shot? Zooming in tight with any camera requires more stability.

Next time try video and editing out a shot.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: I gotta stay still to take good quality pics?

Made a couple of edits to remove inappropriate stuff - lets keep things above board. If you want to talk about how to take good or better photos with your phone, have that conversation but there's not really a place for the creepy context of it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OTRTexan View Post
    For snapshots, of course you have to be still. It's a phone, not a high end dslr.
    High-end dslr pictures will be just as blurry as phonecam pictures if either the cam or the subject, or both, moves during exposure.
    A still camera is a still camera. No matter how expensive.

Even so, from the scene you describe.. why were you shaking so bad that it ruined the shot?
    Perv nerves.

Zooming in tight with any camera requires more stability.
    Read: tripod.

Next time try video and editing out a shot.
    That's even worse! Video images are waaay lower resolution than still images!

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I'll try to give you a couple of hints just in case your rant didn't let you research and try to fix your issue.

First of all, turn off your Picture Stabilization in settings, you don't need it unless you really are in need and aware of it and know that hoy need to be still for a couple of seconds to take the pictures.

And second, be sure to use Auto may of the time for your casual photos, there is no need for any special settings in normal daylight and normal situations, using any por the other features will require you to stay still and be patient.