Tired of Windows Phone, Going for the first time to Android, i need help!

Credo93

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all there!

I am using a Lumia 920 for over a year now, with Windows Phone 8.1 running on it.

But, i am TIRED of Windows Phone, i want to be a poweruser, and i can't be that poweruser on Windows Phone.

Altrough i love Windows Phone a lot, i am for the first time ever considering a Samsung device, to be clear, a Samsung Galaxy S5 Electric Blue variant. And why? Because i have the feeling that Samsung know how to handle a 'high end' device. And Nokia, clearly NOT! Nokia is always unique for me, i love their device's, but there is something that tells me to switch for the first time to Google's Android. For example, we FINALLY got the official Instagram app a half a year ago, and still to this current date, it only got around 4 update's and it is still in BETA, do you feel me? I am tired of the app gap. So guys, what i want to ask is, how does Android feel? I see many comments on the web that Android is laggy and so on and so on, but hey, i know that is it just fanboyism what those guys are speaking againt Android, no OS is perfect and there will always be a lag somewhere in the OS, it doesn't matter which one, but i think, once i get the Samsung Galaxy S5, that i will be in pure freedom and that i'm finally able to be a poweruser. What do you guys think? Please let me know, i appreciate it!

Regards,

Credo93 from Windows Phone Central.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's a thread of people who love their S5.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=381967

I think you sound like someone who will do great with the S5. Before I got my first Android I read up on it, compared it to the iPhone, etc. In the end I knew this is what I wanted. Doing that makes it better for the end user (you).

Good luck.

PS: there are a lot of great apps on android now. Instagram is nice on here. Download PhotoGrid to help with multiple photos for Instagram. I love that app.

Posted via Android Central App

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.