Galaxy S5 Screen unlocking in my pocket

tsumma

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone out there is having an issue with their s5 unlocking in their pocket what happens to me as I will be walking around at work or whatever someone will text me and I won't feel it vibrate but when I pull my phone out to check it the screen has came unlocked so I have responded with a bunch of gibberish to them or will have multiple apps open the only way I've been able to stop this is by putting a pattern or PIN code on my phone but I really don't want to do that any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

tsumma

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Really?? nobody has any clue on this, its a pain in the **** to have to keep a password on your phone just so you don't pocket text people I've tried two different cases as well.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Really?? nobody has any clue on this, its a pain in the **** to have to keep a password on your phone just so you don't pocket text people I've tried two different cases as well.

Change the security type to patten unlocking or pin code type..
Its the only way
Ready to help you

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never had this issue with any of my Samsung phones. They are naked (not in a case).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Hendo255

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I always get my emergency call button opening and pocket dialing a million random numbers. It drives me nuts. I wish there was a way to remove emergency call from the lock screen.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I always get my emergency call button opening and pocket dialing a million random numbers. It drives me nuts. I wish there was a way to remove emergency call from the lock screen.
You need to root your phone to do that
Put a lock from security. It Will also protect your phone from thief

Ready to help you

mikemcq1

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me. Having the home button pressed and waking up the device by accident doesn't take much.

I haven't found an option to disallow the home button from waking up the S5. IS that an option anyone?

Posted via Android Central App

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe get a thicker phone case that has the home and power buttons embedded below the surface of the case, rather than protruding like they are without a case?

tsumma

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys any suggestions are appreciated I've had every samsung galaxy phone and this is the only one to do this continues to happen everyday

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have (had) this exact problem. My fix was to change the "Secured Lock Time" Setting inside of the lock screen setting. I changed mine from 3 minutes to instantly and now it cannot be just touched to unlock within the 3 minutes that it was set to. This solved my problem as the device is secured lock is set soon as i push the lock button now.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone out there is having an issue with their s5 unlocking in their pocket what happens to me as I will be walking around at work or whatever someone will text me and I won't feel it vibrate but when I pull my phone out to check it the screen has came unlocked so I have responded with a bunch of gibberish to them or will have multiple apps open the only way I've been able to stop this is by putting a pattern or PIN code on my phone but I really don't want to do that any help would be appreciated

Happens to me all the time. Hate it.

tsumma

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I hate that I have to put a screen lock on the phone just to prevent this stupid problem

Chevy_Guy05

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have only slid the camera launcher in my pocket. I got off the job and into my truck... Found 156 pictures of the inside of my pocket.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing that recently as well, seems texts would wake the screen and then my leg would unlock the phone. Switched back to Hangouts for SMS = no screen wake.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine unlocks in my pocket sometimes. Or atleast be on the lockscreen. The power button seems to get pushed easily somehow.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have owned GS2,3,4,& 5 and this is the only model I have had problems with the on screen button waking the phone in my pocket.

I run my phone naked and the button must stick up just a bit more above the screen than previous phones. In turn it wakes the phone all the time.

It is the ONE THING that I HATE about the S5

Sent from my SM-G900P using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance