Galaxy S5: Slide to answer problem

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have been experiencing issues when I receive calls. I try to slide to answer and it doesn't recognize my finger the first few times which has caused me to miss calls. It is like it is hung up and takes time to recognize finger detection. My husband and neighbor have both complained about this. What gives? Should I report these issues to Samsung? Anyone else having this problem? So many glitches south this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There is an option in accessibility I believe to change it to a button to answer instead of slide to unlock.

Edit: Not in accessibility. I can't remember where it is. I'll see if I can find it and let you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It is in accessibility. It is single tap mode. Unfortunately, it affects more than just phone calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

slb21

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have been experiencing issues when I receive calls. I try to slide to answer and it doesn't recognize my finger the first few times which has caused me to miss calls. It is like it is hung up and takes time to recognize finger detection. My husband and neighbor have both complained about this. What gives? Should I report these issues to Samsung? Anyone else having this problem? So many glitches south this phone.

I found that I have to hold the green button down for a bit and then slide.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to ACCESSIBILITY. Choose Answering and ending calls. Check Answer calls by Pressing the Home Key. You can also check End calls by Pressing the Power Key

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I missed a call from my daughter last night. When I called her back, I said "apparently I'm not smart enough to answer my smartphone". I hope there aren't as many problems with this phone as there seems to be. Hopefully it's more user error than phone error!

Nativedude30

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Here Are Some Steps That Should Help.
1. Power Off Phone
2. Remove Battery
3. Wait 10 Seconds
4.Reinsert Battery
5. Power On Phone
Voila Should Work

Hope This Helps!!!!

Bart2d2

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem as does my girlfriend. Touch inside the circle, slide to right and nada. Takes a few times and half the time miss the call. Don't think it's working as it should.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I've also had the same unresponsiveness with sliding the camera from the lock screen.

I think the real problem is just that TouchWiz is a POS.

Mine's the Verizon version.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with TouchWiz

Just the method that is default for answering the phone.

Program the Home Key single press as the Answer/Cancel call method.

Works great, no ambiguities about it.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Does the phone vibrate as it detects your finger in the green circle? I cant call myself so I cant test it but I've found that not swiping until this vibrate happens, I lift and repeat if it doesnt, has helped me not miss calls.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Does the phone vibrate as it detects your finger in the green circle? I cant call myself so I cant test it but I've found that not swiping until this vibrate happens, I lift and repeat if it doesnt, has helped me not miss calls.

You don't need to even touch the phone, just hover your hand and if you want to accept the call, go from the left to the right, if you want to decline the call, go from the right to the left.,

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with TouchWiz

Just the method that is default for answering the phone.

Program the Home Key single press as the Answer/Cancel call method.

Works great, no ambiguities about it.

If there was nothing wrong with TouchWiz, you wouldn't need a workaround. I don't want to use the workaround anyway, as it's too easy to hit the button when pulling it out of my pocket. I want the answer swipe to consistantly answer calls the way it's supposed to. I don't think that's too much to ask.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If there was nothing wrong with TouchWiz, you wouldn't need a workaround. I don't want to use the workaround anyway, as it's too easy to hit the button when pulling it out of my pocket. I want the answer swipe to consistantly answer calls the way it's supposed to. I don't think that's too much to ask.

never has the Home Key answered my phone taking it out of my pocket.

You are getting into semantics and heavy personal preferences.
I had no issues with the swipe method. It worked for me every time, but I work with gloves on and the button is easier to get to that way.

using the phone's builtin setup menus to use the Home Key to answer the phone is NOT a work around, it is a feature that Samsung put there to use if you choose to. I choose to.

The swipe still works, it is not disabled.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
never has the Home Key answered my phone taking it out of my pocket.

You are getting into semantics and heavy personal preferences.
I had no issues with the swipe method. It worked for me every time, but I work with gloves on and the button is easier to get to that way.

using the phone's builtin setup menus to use the Home Key to answer the phone is NOT a work around, it is a feature that Samsung put there to use if you choose to. I choose to.

The swipe still works, it is not disabled.

No. Swipe to answer is flakey and not working consistantly as it should for me and several other people here. That is a problem with TouchWiz. Using another feature to compensate is a workaround by definition. That's not semantics, those are facts. For you it may be personal preference to use the home button, but to say I should do that is a workaround for the swipe not working. In my previous post I should have said "I wouldn't need a workaround" instead of "you", so I apologize for that.

All I want is for the answer swipe to work.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No. Swipe to answer is flakey and not working consistantly as it should for me and several other people here. That is a problem with TouchWiz. Using another feature to compensate is a workaround by definition. That's not semantics, those are facts.
All I want is for the answer swipe to work.

Interesting that if options are given they are considered workarounds. While I'm not saying TouchWiz is or isn't working properly (works fine on my S5), What your basically saying is if I make any corrections to the default settings of my phone I must be having issues and needing to make workarounds to compensate for them. Pretty silly. I guess if we really didn't wish to talk semantics I could say that it isn't the phones issue that is not working but you must be swiping it incorrectly and that is the issue... works on my phone just dandy, so you must be doing something incorrect. That in and of itself would be a pretty dumb thing to say, because someone likes a different option to run their phone. Good thing the ROM developers don't know they shouldn't be playing with these things, Android might come to a standstill and everyone's devices would look the same. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20