Long lag time when open messages and start to type. Anyone else?
When I open messages and type in the name of the recipient, there is a long lag time and then the letters start to show up. I have tried different keyboard set ups. It then seems to work better.
Has anyone else experienced this and any fix?
- 05-11-2014, 07:40 PM #2
- 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM #3
- 100 Posts
- 05-15-2014, 03:28 AM #4
Re: Long lag time when open messages and start to type. Anyone else?
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).
Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:
Window animation scale
Transition animation scale
Animator animation scale
Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.
- 05-15-2014, 09:31 AM #5
- 05-15-2014, 09:37 AM #6
- By Madd54 in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 17Last Post: 02-22-2015, 04:35 PM
- By novasquid in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 6Last Post: 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
- By rexbaumgartner in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 35Last Post: 05-15-2014, 05:52 PM
- By CHILLYWILL_95831 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 28Last Post: 05-14-2014, 11:37 AM
- By novasquid in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 06:34 PM