Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prlundberg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Long lag time when open messages and start to type. Anyone else?

When I open messages and type in the name of the recipient, there is a long lag time and then the letters start to show up. I have tried different keyboard set ups. It then seems to work better.
    Has anyone else experienced this and any fix?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by srfoot; 05-11-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Banned

Default Re: Long lag time when open messages and start to type. Anyone else?

When you chose samsung, you chose lag!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁

Quote Originally Posted by srfoot View Post
    When I open messages and type in the name of the recipient, there is a long lag time and then the letters start to show up. I have tried different keyboard set ups. It then seems to work better.
    Has anyone else experienced this and any fix?
    Thank you.
    I'm having terrible lag when typing also on Swype. It has to "catch up". **** not always, sometimes it's fine. Haven't figure out a pattern yet that may be causing it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    srfoot 

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.

Are you using any type of ram booster? Cache cleaner? anti virus? App killer? Those will slow the phone down considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by twin100 View Post
    Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.
    I did that and saw pretty much zero difference in overall speed and lag. Saves a slight amount of time, perhaps, during transistions, but does not help lag and stuttering.
    diamondRanch likes this.