Can I remove the size limit on the 'notes' field in Contacts?

jer1953

May 7, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 synchronises with my Outlook contacts (via Microsoft Exchange). On the Galaxy, the notes field in Contacts seems to have a size limitation, and will only show ~1,000 characters, truncating any information beyond that and preventing me from editing or adding information via the handset. This is annoying as many of my contact records contain far more than 1,000 characters of information in the notes field. Does anyone know if there is a way of removing the size limitation? Alternatively is there some 3rd party application that synchronises seamlessly with Outlook contacts via Microsoft Exchange?

t_wysocki

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here! Why the low limits!?
I bought an extra memory card for the phone when I got it but it sits empty because of the limitations built into the S5. Maybe the "Lollipop" update will help? Holding my breath.

mrwizardusa

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't make any sense to me. When I'm on my phone the contact notes completely show, so how could I copy them to word. On my Outlook the notes are all there, but that isn't the issue.

TonyVov

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue on Samsung S7.
Contact notes > 1000 are being truncated on edit.
This is really painful with permanent loss of data that is extremely frustrating.

I am trying now an option I found on another BB.
Contact Editor Free
Marten Gajda

This weird app loads itself and jumps in when the edit contact is clicked.
I am very nervous from security point of view to use such an app but so far it is working well and has solved my problem.
Would appreciate any other users feedback on this issue and what work arounds have been found.

matrallia22

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello
Does somebody found a solution for that?
I have this problem on a Honor X. We are in 2018...this problem must have a solution I gues, but I can't find it...
Thanks for your help...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The solution is for someone to write an app that actually synchronizes with Outlook. Google doesn't support Outlook, that's a Microsoft product, so either MS or some independent developer will have to write apps (contacts, calendars, emails, etc.) or a single app to synchronize with Outlook. The Google Contacts app synchronizes just fine with Google Contacts.