Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question S5 Notification shade - S Finder & Quick Connect Buttons - Where are they?

I've seen these two buttons on several S5's but on my Verizon model they are not there.
    Not that I even want them, just wondering where they are hiding.

Default Re: S5 Notification shade - S Finder & Quick Connect Buttons - Where are they?

It's a carrier specific thing it's not on my AT&T S5. I was wondering the same thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S5 Notification shade - S Finder & Quick Connect Buttons - Where are they?

They're there on my ATT S5. Just have to expand the quick toggles.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by puremeerkat View Post
    They're there on my ATT S5. Just have to expand the quick toggles.

Huh?

They are on my ATT S5 as well. Pull the menu down with 2 fingers.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    They are on my ATT S5 as well. Pull the menu down with 2 fingers.
    and then what?

They're both on my Sprint S5 - right underneath the Quick-Setting Toggles.

I didn't see any setting for them in the Notification Panel Settings menu, but they might have toggles for them in the individual S-Finder and Quick Connect Settings Menus. Maybe look in there to turn them on?

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    and then what?
    S5 Notification shade - S Finder & Quick Connect Buttons - Where are they?-menu-screen.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	menu screen.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	117797

s finder and quick connect are on this menu, when you pull down with 2 fingers.

He's talking about these oblong buttons. My AT&T does not have them either.
    S5 Notification shade - S Finder & Quick Connect Buttons - Where are they?-2014-05-12-13.36.39.jpg

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5

Yeah, apparently only T-Mobile kept those buttons on the notification pull down. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint removed them before releasing the phones.

They're on my sprint version.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm curious how to remove these buttons from the "shade." Neither of these features is useful to me, and the buttons are annoying since I use a Nexus 7 with a "standard" Android set up. (As a side note, adding garbage that only works with other Samsung devices reeks of Apple-ism.)