Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tempered glass screen protector

How strong are they supposed to be? I got one yesterday and it already has scratches. I'm very careful with my phone

Sent from my GS5

Default Re: Tempered glass screen protector

I use the Spigen glass protector and I have had no issues whatsoever. They are much better than the traditional plastic protectors. Sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to. Thank goodness it wasn't the screen that got scratched.
    Greg C likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes that is true but I've been without a screen protector for 2 weeks with no issues. These aren't nearly as durable as the gorilla glass underneath. I got mine from the Verizon store.

My concern is that it is going to get scratched to hell and I'll have to keep replacing them

Sent from my GS5

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Yes that is true but I've been without a screen protector for 2 weeks with no issues. These aren't nearly as durable as the gorilla glass underneath. I got mine from the Verizon store.
    My concern is that it is going to get scratched to hell and I'll have to keep replacing them.
    Sent from my GS5.

I don't know what brand they sell at Verizon. I bought my first one from the ATT store. It was a bodyguardz brand or something, I don't know but I didn't like it. You could tell the quality wasn't there. I bought the Spigen one from Amazon, the same one I had on my S4 and have never had a scratch on it. Some swear by the gorilla glass and don't use a protector but my OCD won't allow that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

From the Verizon site. Guess I'm just lucky

Super strong: Real glass protector with scratch-proof, hard-coated surface can resist sharp objects like knives and keys

Sent from my GS5
    bassplayrguy likes this.

I have the Zagg brand and love it, no scratches or problems.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I get 25% at the Verizon store so I went with whatever they have. It really not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Just disappointed after only a day of use

Sent from my GS5
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Part of me wants to take the screen protector off to see if it's the actual screen that's scratched. If it was the screen would I be able to see it while the protector is on

Sent from my GS5

How strong are they supposed to be? I got one yesterday and it already has scratches. I'm very careful with my phone

Sent from my GS5
    what brand was it? how did it get scratched? if it's from zagg, you can get a free replacement.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It's whatever verizon sells under their name. I done know how it got scratched

Sent from my GS5

It's whatever verizon sells under their name. I done know how it got scratched

Sent from my GS5
    I've been using the Verizon glass protector for about two weeks now. I have a Zagg on standby but didn't want to waste this. No scratches and very smooth.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    NJMama likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I guess I am lucky

It's starting to make me worried that is the actual display that's scratched

Sent from my GS5

I guess I am lucky

It's starting to make me worried that is the actual display that's scratched

Sent from my GS5
    Why? There is things that can scratch the protector. I just haven't had it happen yet.

I have the Verizon screen protector I bought from the store. I think it's called Glass Pro? I keep my phone in my pockets with keys, coins, whatever's in them . No scratches.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mst99 View Post
    I have the Verizon screen protector I bought from the store. I think it's called Glass Pro? I keep my phone in my pockets with keys, coins, whatever's in them . No scratches.

Generally things you keep in your pocket have a lower hardness rating than 9H. These can't scratch the Tempered Glass. Pocket sand, little grainy stuff you don't even know is there, can wreak havoc on it. That's why I've never understood the scratch tests on YouTube.

bassplayrguy likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

If the scratches were on the display would I be able to see them as clearly as I do worth the glass screen protector on?

Sent from my GS5

Yeah, that's why I have it on. Sand is a screen killer. If the screen protector is getting scratched, it's doing its job.

bassplayrguy likes this.

If the scratches were on the display would I be able to see them as clearly as I do worth the glass screen protector on?

Sent from my GS5
    Probably not. Screen protectors tend to cover up the blemish on the glass.

Global Posts
    1,869 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    I use the Spigen glass protector and I have had no issues whatsoever. They are much better than the traditional plastic protectors. Sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to. Thank goodness it wasn't the screen that got scratched.
    I love Spigen products....very high quality. I bought a couple cases (Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid with metal buttons) and am very impressed.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Mime ghost glass. Have shattered many of tempered glass protectors spigen lasted only a week, mime's replacement cost has kept me buying theirs.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Probably not. Screen protectors tend to cover up the blemish on the glass.

That is kinda what I'm counting on

Sent from my GS5

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Generally things you keep in your pocket have a lower hardness rating than 9H. These can't scratch the Tempered Glass. Pocket sand, little grainy stuff you don't even know is there, can wreak havoc on it. That's why I've never understood the scratch tests on YouTube.

Exactly this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I'm finding even more scratches which makes me think it's the protector. I'm very critical of my phone and I'm sure I would have seen this if it was the display.

Sent from my GS5
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Is a screen protector even necessary with gorilla glass 3? My friend is telling me that he hasn't had 1 on his phone for a year and it's been fine

Sent from my GS5

Is a screen protector even necessary with gorilla glass 3? My friend is telling me that he hasn't had 1 on his phone for a year and it's been fine

Sent from my GS5
    Yes, if your Tempered glass scratched than the GG3 would have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast