Samsung Link Platform draining battery

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what this is? It's killing my battery! It started shooting up after Group Play updated and I don't even use it

uzynetah.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Canalla

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
i downloaded the update too and noticed a huge battery drain, i have since uninstalled this app and order has been restored.

:D

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Reading through this thread I have to say I begin to understand why people flock to iphones. I HATE the Apple universe but there is something to be said about everything just working perfectly right out of the box. In the Samsung/Android universe it seems like we're always having to dodge shrapnel (LOL). While I think the payoff in fredom and flexibility is well worth it, I can really see how people who couldn't care less about technology in its own right would just love to kick back in the well-padded Apple coccoon.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Reading through this thread I have to say I begin to understand why people flock to iphones. I HATE the Apple universe but there is something to be said about everything just working perfectly right out of the box. In the Samsung/Android universe it seems like we're always having to dodge shrapnel (LOL). While I think the payoff in fredom and flexibility is well worth it, I can really see how people who couldn't care less about technology in its own right would just love to kick back in the well-padded Apple coccoon.

I used to have an iPhone... Even with the few problems I have had, I will never go back to IPhone... This is eons better

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what it does? I turned it off too but I'd like to know what it might screw with. I assume it's just app update crap.

Its an app called Samsung Link...it allows you to connect the phone to a Samsung TV or other Samsung device and stream media...I don't need it,