Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default are you still really happy with your s5?

Who is still pleased with their s5? How long have you had it? Also - who wishes they would have went with something else or waited for another device to come out ?

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default Re: are you still really happy with your s5?

I have had it my phone for 1 week. Not happy with rumors about LG G3 and S5 prime. I should have waited for one more month ideally.

I've had mine since April 26 and very please with the purchase. Although I'm coming from an S4, I think I can justify the purchase.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
    escu8912 likes this.

Very happy with my (second) S5. However, I recommended it to a friend and his is doing that black screen thing where he has to pop the battery out, so I am bummed for him lol.

Still loving the S5 and I really love the camera so much. The G3 (possibly better camera) and Verizon Z2 (better water resistance) are compelling, but both of those phones are too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    Still loving the S5 and I really love the camera so much. The G3 (possibly better camera) and Verizon Z2 (better water resistance) are compelling, but both of those phones are too big.
    How big is the G3 going to be?

- - - Updated - - -

I am happy with mine for sure. I read this morning that the GS5 Prime will likely be available on in korea.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That would make sense about it only being released elsewhere. I think a lot of american consumers would be pissed if they released a more premium device so soon.

I came from an iPhone 5s and HTC one m8 to the s5. I actually like the build. If I drop it I feel like it will hold up more than the metal devices.

The G3 is supposedly a 5.5" screen and 4mm wider. I just can't go even one more mm than the S5.

I've had mine for a month, and I'm still in love with my S5

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    The G3 is supposedly a 5.5" screen and 4mm wider. I just can't go even one more mm than the S5.
    That's definitely too big. I think the s5 is the perfect size.

Had mine only three weeks, came from the S3 which I had for 2 months shy of 2 years. Yes, still very happy with it.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by:

Nearly a month and still love it.

Can't imagine getting bored

I've had mine since release day and still love it. I also can't see getting bored with it.

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts

As a whole I like it. I have features I love (screen quality, screen size), and things I hate ( fingerprint scanner sucks, going from screen unlock to camera is painfully slow). But overall its a solid phone. I have 6 days left to decide if I keep it or not, as of right now I am unsure. So many good phones coming its tough to stick with one.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Sent it as well as the g2 and note3 and n5 back to the shop, mostly just driving the z1 now, looking forward to the z3 this fall

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    As a whole I like it. I have features I love (screen quality, screen size), and things I hate ( fingerprint scanner sucks, going from screen unlock to camera is painfully slow). But overall its a solid phone. I have 6 days left to decide if I keep it or not, as of right now I am unsure. So many good phones coming its tough to stick with one.
    You don't have to unlock the phone to use the camera.

Don't use the finger print scanner then. FYI, a future update will make it run smoother.

i like my s5. but had i done my research, i would have gotten the m8 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    i like my s5. but had i done my research, i would have gotten the m8 instead.
    Why?
    JenTDOT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Why?
    better speakers. the speakers on s5 sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    better speakers. the speakers on s5 sucks.
    Oh...I don't listen to the speakers on the phone really, I just bluetooth it to a speaker....but yeah....they could be better I guess. But you can really rock out with a phone speaker...I use a JBL flip. Fits in my pocket.

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    You don't have to unlock the phone to use the camera.

Don't use the finger print scanner then. FYI, a future update will make it run smoother.
    I'm saying using it from the lock screen. It's absolutely awful.

And why have a feature that is terrible (fingerprint scanner). I need security on my phone since I use it for work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love the phone.

My ONLY complaint is that I can't get Notifications or Widgets on the Lockscreen without having to swipe down the Notification Panel.

I hope Samsung adds an update to make the Lockscreen customizable with Notifications and Widgets. Seems like a really strange feature to omit.

I have my phone at my desk all day long - seems silly to have to unlock it every time I want to see an update or a specific widget.

Somewhat I just move on too quickly. I upgraded to Sony XPERIA Z2 which I love even more. I still have my S5.

Pro Z2
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

I've had mine since the day before launch day ( I have a friend that works at the AT&T store ) and I still love it. Of course no phone and I mean no phone will be the end all be all for every individual person out there. Each of us can find a flaw or lacking feature. There will always be the next big thing in some shape or form and I don't beat myself up about not having waited for something else... just my thoughts

Yes I'm still happy with my s5. I've had mine since launch day. I haven't had any issues so far ( fingers crossed). I'm not worried about s5 prime or any other new phone. There's also going to be something new.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast