- 1 Posts
MyAV AV Receiver/TV/Satellite IP Remote app
I am thinking of getting an S5 and one of the reasons is that I want use it as a remote control as it has an IR blaster (whereas my iPhone doesn't).
Does anybody know if this app called "MyAV" works with the Samsung S5 IR blaster?
The app says it controls most things using IP/Wi-Fi but my TV is an old Sony that isn't smart.
I don't want to buy it an S5 if it will only control my Onkyo AV Receiver and Sky HD (which is claims works over Wi-Fi, so no IR blaster needed).
Anybody tried it with their S5 and IR blasting?
I tried reading reviews, but none of them mention S5 and IR.
- 05-12-2014, 08:43 PM #2
- 05-12-2014, 08:58 PM #3
- 34 Posts
Re: MyAV AV Receiver/TV/Satellite IP Remote app
The first day I got the phone, I was going through the pre-installed apps and tried this. Got it working with my tv, and tried programming it to my cable box. Not sure how good of a job I did with the cable box because it was not very responsive. I may give it another shot, if I do, I'll post on here and let you know.
- By CRitter in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 05-13-2014, 10:26 AM
- By arukaen in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 07:51 AM
- By Str8ness in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2014, 06:55 PM
- By 1812dave in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2014, 06:26 PM
- By jeremyhays in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:42 PM