Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Galaxy s5 not receiving texts

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I recently changed from Galaxy S4 to Galaxy S5 and for some time I stopped receiving text messages from most of the people that I normally text.
    I'm not quite sure what the problem is, I have signal, can make phone calls, send text messages but they just won't come through if someone else sends them.

At first I thought it was because I was using Hangouts I my default messaging app, but recently I changed it back to the stock messages and still no improvement.

The thing is that if I put my sim card back to my Galaxy S4 the messages come to me in about 2 or 3 minutes, and then when I put it back to my S5 it starts to works fine. This is the 3rd time this has happened within 1 week or so.

Any suggestions? I searched for this problem but I couldn't find anything related.

Default Re: Galaxy s5 not receiving texts

Quote Originally Posted by Analizer View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I recently changed from Galaxy S4 to Galaxy S5 and for some time I stopped receiving text messages from most of the people that I normally text.
    I'm not quite sure what the problem is, I have signal, can make phone calls, send text messages but they just won't come through if someone else sends them.

At first I thought it was because I was using Hangouts I my default messaging app, but recently I changed it back to the stock messages and still no improvement.

The thing is that if I put my sim card back to my Galaxy S4 the messages come to me in about 2 or 3 minutes, and then when I put it back to my S5 it starts to works fine. This is the 3rd time this has happened within 1 week or so.

Any suggestions? I searched for this problem but I couldn't find anything related.
    Go to recovery then clear cache
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

I just bought an S5 and it's doing the same thing and I too can not find a fix. Very frustrating considering it's used for work and the cost of the phone!!! My old dinosaur phone worked great

Do you have Sprint by chance? S5 will not always send texts
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)