Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Relgoshan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures from Internet take a couple seconds to fully load in

Whether it's Facebook, Chrome or default browser when I'm in the photo section or Images, it takes between one to three seconds to go from slightly blurry to crisp. Not talking about just looking at a page, talking about going to Chrome let's say and pick any subject and go to images and as you pan from pic to pic this happens. Normal? I'm getting 24 mbps here in my loft.

Default Re: Pictures from Internet take a couple seconds to fully load in

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Whether it's Facebook, Chrome or default browser when I'm in the photo section or Images, it takes between one to three seconds to go from slightly blurry to crisp. Not talking about just looking at a page, talking about going to Chrome let's say and pick any subject and go to images and as you pan from pic to pic this happens. Normal? I'm getting 24 mbps here in my loft.
    That's your GPU resampling images and progressively adding in the higher quality ones. You're still browsing on a phone.
    Jon Jackson likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    That's your GPU resampling images and progressively adding in the higher quality ones. You're still browsing on a phone.
    So even loading in individual pics takes some time?I'm not talking about looking at an entire gallery waiting for a pic to show up. I'm talking about one pic at a time being fuzzy and a second or two later it's beautiful and crisp.

So even loading in individual pics takes some time?I'm not talking about looking at an entire gallery waiting for a pic to show up. I'm talking about one pic at a time being fuzzy and a second or two later it's beautiful and crisp.
    That...sounds to me like part of the presentation framework is bottlenecking performance. There is still fast sample and slow sample as it scales images to fit, but it really sounds like your GPU is taking too long to composite images. Or it's doing the operation in software instead for some reason rather than in hardware.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    That...sounds to me like part of the presentation framework is bottlenecking performance. There is still fast sample and slow sample as it scales images to fit, but it really sounds like your GPU is taking too long to composite images. Or it's doing the operation in software instead for some reason rather than in hardware.
    So...any tweak or something I can do? I tried chrome and the default internet, they are both the same. I type in say "puppies" go to images, then see a pic, loads in , swipe to the next pic, take a couple seconds, then the next pic etc etc.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Anyone? Hello? Echo....echo...echo....*coyote howling* *crickets chirping*

Anyone? Hello? Echo....echo...echo....*coyote howling* *crickets chirping*
    can you give me a website for an example? i wanna try to see if it does it on mines and i will let u know
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Not any particular website. I'm talking about open your browser, go to images, type dogs, or jet fighter, doesn't matter, then browse through the pics.

Not any particular website. I'm talking about open your browser, go to images, type dogs, or jet fighter, doesn't matter, then browse through the pics.
    i will report back tonight.
    Thanked by:

I can confirm that my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 is also this way when I search images on Chrome. You would think a brand new smartphone wouldn't have any issues with performance...
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thank you for your reply. It was the same on my s3 I think. However the commercials they run here in Dallas texas say quad core or 64 bit. I'm pretty sure what I have here is a dual processor