phantom wifi networks

wnbowman

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not, I haven't stumbled across any trying to search for it, but here goes.

Phone is at 4.4.2 KitKat, and in my WiFi networks, there are networks listed that my phone picked up while driving past. I never connected to any of them (WPS available or secured), but none of them are in my networks where I can delete them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you long press on those "phantom's WiFi's " as you call them ,Is there an option to forget them? (you see in the pop up box) .I not positive that option shows when you actually have connected to them though .
Also in the Advanced WiFi setttings : you could tick the option Scanning always available to off .
Advanced settings touch 3 dots in lower right circled in red in screenshot
9asy7u8u.jpg

Then toggle always scanning off
yjeru8yv.jpg

Just a suggestion though (personal preference) :)

Last edited:

wnbowman

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I am not able to "forget" these networks. My only option is Connect. I have rebooted my phone several times, but they will not go away.

Posted via Android Central App

ddirgo

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. Two wi-fi networks from the laundromat across the street from my office appear in the wi-fi network list all the time, everywhere. Ironically, the signal strength appears to be "strongest" when I'm miles away than when the network is actually in range.

Any solutions?

drugstorecowboy#AC

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. Two wi-fi networks from the laundromat across the street from my office appear in the wi-fi network list all the time, everywhere. Ironically, the signal strength appears to be "strongest" when I'm miles away than when the network is actually in range.

Any solutions?
Same issue here. It did not happen before AT&T updated 4.4.2. last week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon