S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys
This is a very annoying issue that i have encountered starting yesterday.

I have Verizon as my carrier. My phone is showing that I have LTE signal, things should load fine. However they don't. Apps are taking a lot longer than usual. Mightytext is extremely slow and won't even send or receive messages even after its linked. Fb chat takes too long to load,I funny,etc. If I connect to my Wi-Fi the problem is gone, however I don't want to always be connected to Wi-Fi just to use my apps.

Anyone else run into this issue? It just started for me had the phone for about a month

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
7azy6uva.jpg

Those are my results

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Those are very fast speeds. I've noticed in some areas where it says I have great signal still acts like a dead spot. Not many places but a few.

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm this is really Strange then, because even to post and view tapatalk I need to have my Wi-Fi on as well. I'm at home now and never had an issue with this before

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
That's really weird then. My speeds are really good but the performance isn't. Even from this app I didn't get the notification that you replied to the thread until I turned my Wi-Fi back on. Seems like no online apps work for me properly unless I have Wi-Fi

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My mom also has a gs5 I ran speed test on her phone these are her results
u7yza5yg.jpg

Edit : so it can't be just my phone that is being odd with the fast speeds. Hers is even faster lol

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys
This is a very annoying issue that i have encountered starting yesterday.

I have Verizon as my carrier. My phone is showing that I have LTE signal, things should load fine. However they don't. Apps are taking a lot longer than usual. Mightytext is extremely slow and won't even send or receive messages even after its linked. Fb chat takes too long to load,I funny,etc. If I connect to my Wi-Fi the problem is gone, however I don't want to always be connected to Wi-Fi just to use my apps.

Anyone else run into this issue? It just started for me had the phone for about a month

The short answer is that that something in your firmware must have broken. Your speed itself is great, but you are dealing with crazy system imposed lag. You could try wiping the android cache....did yoy install any particular app tho just before this began?

bbalcrazy92

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The short answer is that that something in your firmware must have broken. Your speed itself is great, but you are dealing with crazy system imposed lag. You could try wiping the android cache....did yoy install any particular app tho just before this began?

No i have not installed any new app at all recently. Would I lose anything important wiping the cache?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
No, and you shouldn't have to do that. I've had my phone for a month, no cache cleaner, no ram booster, no app killer, no anti virus.....I think you should do a factory reset to see if that solves the issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No....I don't understand how you can get 30 plus mbps on LTE, what's even more surprising is your upload speed. 18 mbps would be impressive on the best wifi

You'll have to see the AWS Verizon speeds and T-Moblie 20x20 LTE speeds.. People pull 100.

My coworker pulled this earlier this morning down the road from my work. Speeds on LTE are actually really fast :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1400009601169.jpg
    1400009601169.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 24

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Alright I'll try the cache clean first, how do I go upon doing that?

Just google up "Galaxy S5 cache wipe" and you'll see how popular the topic is. Wiping cache especially can fix software issues, and since it's harmless they always suggest trying it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995