Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow

Hey guys
    This is a very annoying issue that i have encountered starting yesterday.

I have Verizon as my carrier. My phone is showing that I have LTE signal, things should load fine. However they don't. Apps are taking a lot longer than usual. Mightytext is extremely slow and won't even send or receive messages even after its linked. Fb chat takes too long to load,I funny,etc. If I connect to my Wi-Fi the problem is gone, however I don't want to always be connected to Wi-Fi just to use my apps.

Anyone else run into this issue? It just started for me had the phone for about a month

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow

Use speedtest to see what speed you are getting. It's an app. On LTE I get around 5.5-6 mbps. Blazingly fast.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Those are my results

Just used speed test. 9 mbps
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So my are my speeds normal then?

Those are very fast speeds. I've noticed in some areas where it says I have great signal still acts like a dead spot. Not many places but a few.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hmm this is really Strange then, because even to post and view tapatalk I need to have my Wi-Fi on as well. I'm at home now and never had an issue with this before

Quote Originally Posted by bbalcrazy92 View Post
    So my are my speeds normal then?

No....I don't understand how you can get 30 plus mbps on LTE, what's even more surprising is your upload speed. 18 mbps would be impressive on the best wifi
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

That's really weird then. My speeds are really good but the performance isn't. Even from this app I didn't get the notification that you replied to the thread until I turned my Wi-Fi back on. Seems like no online apps work for me properly unless I have Wi-Fi

That doesn't make sense. You're getting way better mbps than I do on a $50 a month wifi connection lol.

by those speeds, nothing should choke your phone. You should be able to download huge pdf files in seconds.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

My mom also has a gs5 I ran speed test on her phone these are her results
    Edit : so it can't be just my phone that is being odd with the fast speeds. Hers is even faster lol

Hey guys

I have Verizon as my carrier. My phone is showing that I have LTE signal, things should load fine. However they don't. Apps are taking a lot longer than usual. Mightytext is extremely slow and won't even send or receive messages even after its linked. Fb chat takes too long to load,I funny,etc. If I connect to my Wi-Fi the problem is gone, however I don't want to always be connected to Wi-Fi just to use my apps.

Anyone else run into this issue? It just started for me had the phone for about a month

The short answer is that that something in your firmware must have broken. Your speed itself is great, but you are dealing with crazy system imposed lag. You could try wiping the android cache....did yoy install any particular app tho just before this began?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    The short answer is that that something in your firmware must have broken. Your speed itself is great, but you are dealing with crazy system imposed lag. You could try wiping the android cache....did yoy install any particular app tho just before this began?
    No i have not installed any new app at all recently. Would I lose anything important wiping the cache?

No, and you shouldn't have to do that. I've had my phone for a month, no cache cleaner, no ram booster, no app killer, no anti virus.....I think you should do a factory reset to see if that solves the issue.

Cache clean is less drastic than factory reset and sometimes you get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Cache clean is less drastic than factory reset and sometimes you get lucky.
    I don't think you should ever need to clear your cache. Let him try though, no harm can come from it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Alright I'll try the cache clean first, how do I go upon doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    No....I don't understand how you can get 30 plus mbps on LTE, what's even more surprising is your upload speed. 18 mbps would be impressive on the best wifi
    You'll have to see the AWS Verizon speeds and T-Moblie 20x20 LTE speeds.. People pull 100.

My coworker pulled this earlier this morning down the road from my work. Speeds on LTE are actually really fast .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow-1400009601169.jpg  

Alright I'll try the cache clean first, how do I go upon doing that?

Just google up "Galaxy S5 cache wipe" and you'll see how popular the topic is. Wiping cache especially can fix software issues, and since it's harmless they always suggest trying it.

Hey guys

Did this just start today? I'd try clearing the cache on the apps or a reboot to see if it fixes the issue. You can do this by going to settings, application manager, then find the app and select it. After that there will be a screen that let's you clear cache. (see below for an example).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow-1400009878027.jpg   S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow-1400009888519.jpg   S5 has 4g signal but loads extremely slow-1400009900759.jpg  
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Hey almeuit ty. It started the other day it's not for any particular app. It's every app that uses internet connection. I'm going to wipe the cache on the phone and see if this solves the issue. Will report back

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Wiped cache with no success in solving the problem, you guys think a hard reset would do anything? I hate that I'd lose my stuff lol

Wiped cache with no success in solving the problem, you guys think a hard reset would do anything? I hate that I'd lose my stuff lol

I would, and if that does not work, take the phone back.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Alright I'll give it a shot later tonight and see what happens. Thanks!

Jon Jackson likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast