View Poll Results: What SMS app do you use?
- 5. You may not vote on this poll
GO SMS Pro
Screen coming on when receiving text/texting app
I moved from the GS3 to the GS5 and have really enjoyed it. I was using the google hangouts app to handle my texts but figured I'd give Samsung's default SMS app a try. The biggest issue i have is that the screen comes on whenever I receive a text. I've looked though all the settings and can't find a way to keep the screen off. Anyone?
I'm thinking about going back to the hangouts app but figured i'd see what apps you guys use to handle SMS. I've used Chomp in the past and liked it. What do you guys use?
- 05-13-2014, 01:18 PM #2
Re: Screen coming on when receiving text/texting app
Go into the settings for Messaging and turn off the option to send a copy or notification of a text message to the lock screen. I have mine turned on especially when I am using UPSM to see if its important enough to turn off UPSM.
- By SwiftGale in forum Sony Xperia UReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-2015, 10:14 PM
- By Tom Skeens in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-24-2014, 08:13 AM
- By USMCvet in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:56 AM
- By srkmagnus in forum Moto E (2014)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:32 AM