Anyone still using the stock keyboard on Galaxy S5?

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone still using the stock keyboard?

Yep, love it. I was using TouchPal X on my S3 and really liked it but so far the stock keyboard is working for me.

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Using Swiftkey, but I like how the stock has the numbers at the top, I wish Swiftkey had that

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Heck....NO! I'm using Swiftkey. I have used Swiftkey for the past 4 years.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I like it but the keys are so small. Is there a way to make them bigger. I'm using SwiftKey & love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I like it but the keys are so small. Is there a way to make them bigger. I'm using SwiftKey & love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There used to be a setting for that. I just looked and it's not there anymore. Strange...they must have removed that in one of the updates.

Uncoolsby

May 14, 2014
Visit site

There used to be a setting for that. I just looked and it's not there anymore. Strange...they must have removed that in one of the updates.

Literally just figured this out myself. Hold down the bottom-left key and select resize. Was wondering where it had gone, too.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

On my GSII I always used Swype, but I am using the stock one on GS5. It isn't terrible, but I don't love it either, but I do like that the numbers have their own keys instead of having to long press to get numbers.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Literally just figured this out myself. Hold down the bottom-left key and select resize. Was wondering where it had gone, too.

Couldn't figure this out either. More details, please. I couldn't get my keys to resize .

Sent from my GS5

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

IPhone keyboard is horrible and swiping is far from a gimmick. Some people just don't have the skill it takes to use it. Which isn't much ......

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I always use SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am. It's almost as good as the iPhone keyboard.

Hate the Swype and other gimmicky keyboards. Tried them and never got the hang of swiping and stopping. Much less efficient than just typing.

You haven't seen someone good with swype then.. It is far from a gimmick... Some go very very fast on it :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Using Swiftkey, but I like how the stock has the numbers at the top, I wish Swiftkey had that

Swiftkey Beta has the option to add the numbers at the top row. Free download: New SwiftKey beta update with Evernote and Google+ personalization

I have it on my S3 that I'm now using for work since I got my S5. Since the knox security requires a letter and a number it was annoying to enter my password so I installed the beta and put the numbers on top.

Rev.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I tried using it, but it just seems so inaccurate. I also dislike the way it auto corrects or spell checks. So now I use the Google keyboard and it works great for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Swiftkey Beta has the option to add the numbers at the top row. Free download: New SwiftKey beta update with Evernote and Google+ personalization

I have it on my S3 that I'm now using for work since I got my S5. Since the knox security requires a letter and a number it was annoying to enter my password so I installed the beta and put the numbers on top.

Rev.

Just installed it...does not work on the S5 unfortunately...constant force closing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze