Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monicajae
  • 1 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default custom boot screen

Hey there. Haven't seen any resolutions to this issue so I'm asking...
    Is having the boot screen with the "Custom" word and unlocked padlock icon on it going to void my warranty? I have neither rooted nor flashed device and when it started acting strangely I received a replacement phone however the original still has that screen. Am I screwed? I think one Day I accidentally pressed the home and power keys and that is what happened. I have the ATT phone

Posted via Android Central App
    Arcadias1795 likes this.

Default Re: custom boot screen

I have the same issue on my GS5 as well. I switched from Dalvik to ART last night and I think that's what did it. Some processes are crashing and Facebook won't sync its events into my Google Calendar anymore... I switched back to Dalvik and these same issues still persist. Please help!

EDIT: After rebooting a second time after switching back to Dalvik, my device shows that it is official in the settings. Still can't figure out how to sync my Facebook events to my Google Calendar, though...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

not sure if this helped, but i hard reset the phone and when it first rebooted there was no change. so i thought i'd just bite the bullet and deal with whatever would befall my malady. yet, later on i went back to the phone and powered it up and it showed the stock boot screen. so very happy right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadias1795 View Post
    I have the same issue on my GS5 as well. I switched from Dalvik to ART last night and I think that's what did it. Some processes are crashing and Facebook won't sync its events into my Google Calendar anymore... I switched back to Dalvik and these same issues still persist. Please help!

EDIT: After rebooting a second time after switching back to Dalvik, my device shows that it is official in the settings. Still can't figure out how to sync my Facebook events to my Google Calendar, though...
    ART is still under development, which is why it is in development settings, so there are some bugs. Art will give your phone an custom status, But will go back to official status when u go back to davlik
    Arcadias1795 likes this.