Samsung Galaxy S5 bluetooth issue

Pierre Kerbage

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Problem Solved! Using a Lexus GS 350 2015 and a Verizon S5 with Lollipop (aka buggiest OS in the history of Android). I was having bluetooth disconnect about once every 5 seconds and reconnect and disconnect (endless loop). 1st thing you need to do is to DELETE all messages from your Text Messages. COMPLETELY clear all of them and delete the history if you have it. Also, if you are using Verizon's Messages+ - stop the GEO TRACKING (I can't believe they enable it by default) - reset your phone - problem gone. If problem persists - on your Lexus, turn OFF the auto synch text messages - just proceed with MINIMAL settings for the Text Messaging. So the issue is with text messaging and bluetooth on the S5 running Lollipop. Hope that helps!

GHS4u

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I just found out that the Bluetooth connection problems I was having is that I had "Bluetooth Auto Connect" that stayed on the old version 4.2.2 under KitKat. It did not update with Lollipop 5.0.1. Verizon had me uninstall the Auto Connect. Bluetooth functions; Auto Connect is not needed. When in your car, if it does not automatically connect, check Settings. Under Bluetooth, click on box next to your phone device name. The screen will show paired devices. If paired & not connecting, may need to unpair it (by hitting gear pic to its right) and then pair it up again to initialize. Hope this helps.

Boberoo

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Looks like an old thread, but I'll kick in my two cents worth, since I just went thru this after the latest Android update, I am now running Android 5.0 on my Galaxy S5. After upgrading, I could no longer get a blue tooth connection in my 2012 Kia Soul +. Calls to the dealer suggested only routine stuff like unpairing and repairinng, removing the phone from the list of connected devices, shut off the blutooth in the car then try again as a "fresh start". None of that worked, which was really frustrating. They did offer to let me bring in my car and leave it with them for a day, and for a $125 diagnostic charge they would try to figure out the problem.

I found the solution on another website, that suggest flushing the blutooth cache and app data. To accomplish this, go to settings, then the application manager. Swipe from right to left so you are looking at ALL, not downloaded, sd card, or running, Select blutooth, scroll down and tap on clear cache, then clear data, then re start the phone. Worked like a charm for me.

newfiechick

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2014 Chev Trax and also use a Galaxy S5. I have the exact same problem. I can see my phone book in my car but I get the same error saying that voice recognition is not supported on my device. I talked to the dealership where I brought my vehicle and I was told that it was because my phone was too new for the car. I was told that the S3 was a supported device but not the S5 yet. If anyone knows a solution to this I'm all ears.

Tycoon7436

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I 2011 BMW 535 WON'T WORK WITH MY GALAXY S5 EITHER. The local BMW dealer is sympthetic but BMW USA is non responsive. What is the best phone to use with my BMW?

mishy321

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Ever since downloading lollipop onto my Samsung S5 I am having trouble with my Bluetooth connection in my car which I never had before. It constantly disconnects and reconnects every few seconds. I have unpaired the phone and then repaired but the same issue occurs. It also won't let me transfer my contacts asks me over and over even though I clicked yes and ticked don't ask again.

utvolfan67

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Connected....disconnected.....connected. That is exactly what I'm getting with my HTC One with Lollipop in my 2015 Camry. I have to be in the car for at least 15min before it finally stays connected. Toyota did a software update yesterday for bluetooth on it and when I first left the dealer it worked. Next time I got back in my car it was connecting and disconnecting again. This phone works fine in my 2007 Tundra. So frustrating.

John Ballard1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
This solution:

"allowed the car to transfer my contacts but said no when it asked me to transfer the messages. I clicked the boxes to "never ask again" and drove to work which takes about 15 min and it worked"

Resolved it for me. Thanks so much it was driving me crazy

Kezzad

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I have had no problems with the Bluetooth until the last update. My phone had connected to the Bluetooth in both of our cars. Now it cuts in and out even if I am not in the car. I have now downloaded the Auto correct so fingers crossed it will work.

beve23

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Galaxy S5 and a 2015 Toyota Sienna. When I first paired & connected, phone, Spotify off my cell phone and text messaging all worked in the Sienna. I was able to make handsfree calls, change music sources (spotify/xmsirius/radio) and view/listen to my incoming texts via the navigational screen.

Then, last week, I did the update on the Galaxy S5....then coincidentally, spotty connection/disconnection of everything bluetooth in the Sienna. So, I disco'd bluetooth, removed devices, repaired devices, etc...and all of a sudden, texts could not be read via the nav. screen and I received this message 2015-08-25 21.35.18.jpg. (sorry, I can't figure out how to make this picture right side up)

I read and followed the advice posted in this thread and other articles, and all bluetooth activity in the Sienna works! Unfortunately, I had to reset my Galaxy S5 to Factory Reset in the Settings, and load up all my favorites apps again. Luckily, all my photos and videos automatically upload to my cloud services and nothing was lost except old text messages that weren't all important.

So, resetting my Galaxy S5 to Factory settings and then pairing my "new" phone to the Sienna, connected everything bluetooth in the Sienna....and no more problems with handsfree phone, music and text messages on the nav screen.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Tsaleem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling "Automatic Message Transfer"
Everything else works without any issues now.
I called Toyota support but they have no solution for this yet.
BTW I have S6 and Rav4

TiffanyT

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my verizon S5 and the 2016 Trax. I've tried going back to the dealership, calling the "infotainment" expert help line, and have only successfully paired the device a couple of times but it never lasts more than a few minutes.