Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume control for ringtone and notifications?

Is there an easy way to adjust these at the same time? It's annoying to have to go into the settings to change the notification volume when I change the ringer volume. My S3 changed both with the volume button.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Volume control for ringtone and notifications?

Quote Originally Posted by throttlehappy View Post
    Is there an easy way to adjust these at the same time? It's annoying to have to go into the settings to change the notification volume when I change the ringer volume. My S3 changed both with the volume button.
    It does not appear that the setting to link the ringtone and notification tone volumes is present on the S5. You don't have to go all the way into settings to adjust the notification, just change the ringtone volume, touch the cog and you can adjust all of the volumes in a toast type window. Maybe you are already doing that...

Also, when you sent the phone to mute or vibrate, it adjusts both the notification and ringtone at once.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just tried it again. Mine only adjusts the ring volume when I turn it up all the way or anywhere in between. I have to adjust the notification volume by going into the setting cog.

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    It does not appear that the setting to link the ringtone and notification tone volumes is present on the S5. You don't have to go all the way into settings to adjust the notification, just change the ringtone volume, touch the cog and you can adjust all of the volumes in a toast type window. Maybe you are already doing that...

Also, when you sent the phone to mute or vibrate, it adjusts both the notification and ringtone at once.

No, you don't. Pull down to where you can see your wifi /location/ sound etc and hold sound for about 1-2 seconds, from there you can adjust all sounds for all notifications. You don't have to go to settings.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by throttlehappy View Post
    I just tried it again. Mine only adjusts the ring volume when I turn it up all the way or anywhere in between. I have to adjust the notification volume by going into the setting cog.
    It will only adjust both when you mute or put the device in vibrate. Im not use what it returns to when turning it back up. And here's a screen of what I was talking about the Toast like volume settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Volume control for ringtone and notifications?-screenshot_2014-05-14-16-13-29.jpg  

You don't have to go to settings and go to sound....

Long press the sound icon
    Volume control for ringtone and notifications?-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-35-01.jpg

This pops up

Volume control for ringtone and notifications?-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-35-40-2-.jpg

I have been looking for an app that does this for a loong time, and finally found it just a few days ago. Cost a buck or two but worth it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=aj5613.fgd
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    You don't have to go to settings and go to sound....

Long press the sound icon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-15-35-01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	118224

This pops up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-15-35-40 (2).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	118223
    That's an even longer way to get to the settings. When you adjust the volume just select the cog. That's still a pain to have to adjust individual settings.

Okay now someone tell me whether navigation voice is considered a notification?

I was using navigation and listening to a podcast today, and suddenly the nav voice came on three times as loud as the podcast

Volume control is my main beef so far with the S5. My Bluetooth volume is about half what it should be, about half what it was with my G Nex and I'm perplexed. A straight 1/4" jack out the headphones and into the AUX input is loud... once you get past the headphone warning.

Smile Re: Volume control for ringtone and notifications?

I think you misunderstood our dilemma - we're not asking how to get to the sound setting, but how to find that option that allows the volume and the notifications volume to be at adjusted with one action - like when we press the button on the side to turn the volume up or down, we want the notification volume to also adjust at the same time instead of only having the main volume adjust, then having to take an extra step to go into the sound/volume setting and adjust the notifications volume. I'm sure I'm not the only one who corrected you on this since it was posted, but you never know who's still looking for the correct answer (like me).

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhousen1 View Post
    I think you misunderstood our dilemma - we're not asking how to get to the sound setting, but how to find that option that allows the volume and the notifications volume to be at adjusted with one action - like when we press the button on the side to turn the volume up or down, we want the notification volume to also adjust at the same time instead of only having the main volume adjust, then having to take an extra step to go into the sound/volume setting and adjust the notifications volume. I'm sure I'm not the only one who corrected you on this since it was posted, but you never know who's still looking for the correct answer (like me).
    I for one did not misconstrue what the OP asked for, I just didn't have a super simple way to get there. I did it with MacroDroid and for me, that was okay, it works like I want.

but for you, and the OP, did you overlook the simple way to do it mentioned up above a few posts?

* Volume Sync - Android Apps on Google Play

Install that app and then let the side buttons control everything simultaneously.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I use the widget from Volume Control +. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cb.volumePlus

Quote Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
    I use the widget from Volume Control +. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....cb.volumePlus
    that app hasn't been updated in 3 years, several folks with S5 phones saying stuff like this:

Crashes I had the same problem on my s4 and now on my s5! When changing moods like from vibrate back to sound it doesn't do anything I need to completely restart the phone and re open the app. Big waste of my time, deleting the app now and finding a better one that works atleast more than 50% of the time!
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    that app hasn't been updated in 3 years, several folks with S5 phones saying stuff like this:

Crashes I had the same problem on my s4 and now on my s5! When changing moods like from vibrate back to sound it doesn't do anything I need to completely restart the phone and re open the app. Big waste of my time, deleting the app now and finding a better one that works atleast more than 50% of the time!
    I haven't had any issues with it . No Crashes. Don't know what to tell ya .