Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PsychDoc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Drain/Android OS

OK, for the first week of ownership, my Android OS percentage under "Battery" hovered around 12%. Today, I look and it's at the top of the page with 40% :o Whaaaaaat? I made one change yesterday afternoon. I changed the screen time-out to 10 minutes instead of one or two. But only used the longer screen on time for a couple of hours. I've been turning it off when not needed but it's still set to 10 minutes. The screen percentage shows 19%. I'm at 32% battery charge after 1 day, 8 hrs and 10 mins.

Default Re: Battery Drain/Android OS

If you've gone that long without a charge, your phone is doing just fine on battery life. I wouldn't worry about the numbers or percentages unless you aren't getting good battery life.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

You are still at 32% after over 30 hours and your are concerned? What is it that you are expecting out of your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I'm at 32% battery charge after 1 day, 8 hrs and 10 mins.
    You are kidding, right? 32 hours of use and you're still at 32%????

And this is seen as a problem???

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    You are kidding, right? 20 hours of use and you're still at 32%????

And this is seen as a problem???
    Actually this would be 32 hours 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Actually this would be 32 hours 10 minutes.
    Fixed. Thanks.
    Jon Jackson likes this.

OK, for the first week of ownership, my Android OS percentage under "Battery" hovered around 12%. Today, I look and it's at the top of the page with 40% :o Whaaaaaat? I made one change yesterday afternoon. I changed the screen time-out to 10 minutes instead of one or two. But only used the longer screen on time for a couple of hours. I've been turning it off when not needed but it's still set to 10 minutes. The screen percentage shows 19%. I'm at 32% battery charge after 1 day, 8 hrs and 10 mins.
    The less you use your screen, the lower its percentage goes and the higher background tasks like System will go. But you should keep an eye whether app data is being synced or the phone is being kept half awake with the screen off. On my G Flex I usually can make at lesst two full days, with Android OS/Screen/Opera each using around 20%+ of the battery drain over that time. Android System is the one to watch out for, when working normally it seems to go 4-10% usage. When something is stuck like the camera staying powered, this number can shoot over 50% and wipe out your battery long before the day ends...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    The less you use your screen, the lower its percentage goes and the higher background tasks like System will go. But you should keep an eye whether app data is being synced or the phone is being kept half awake with the screen off. On my G Flex I usually can make at lesst two full days, with Android OS/Screen/Opera each using around 20%+ of the battery drain over that time. Android System is the one to watch out for, when working normally it seems to go 4-10% usage. When something is stuck like the camera staying powered, this number can shoot over 50% and wipe out your battery long before the day ends...
    Oh sorry! My bad. I thought it was the Android OS that people were complaining about in a recent thread (being so high). Just checked, and the Android SYSTEM is at 12%
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    You are still at 32% after over 30 hours and your are concerned? What is it that you are expecting out of your battery?
    I didn't complain about my battery life. My post was concerning the Android OS usage. I simply posted the up time as a part of the equation. In a recent thread, some people were concerned about the high percentage of their Android System. I thought I remembered it being the Android OS.

Yeah, but our point was, it doesn't matter how high the usage percentage is if you're getting that long of battery life.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

Oh sorry! My bad. I thought it was the Android OS that people were complaining about in a recent thread (being so high). Just checked, and the Android SYSTEM is at 12%
    That is within acceptable range for going two work days on one charge.

I didn't complain about my battery life. My post was concerning the Android OS usage. I simply posted the up time as a part of the equation. In a recent thread, some people were concerned about the high percentage of their Android System. I thought I remembered it being the Android OS.
    Yeah, easy thing to mix up and it doesn't hurt to ask. Keep an eye on it tho. In my last run on battery I started around 66% on my Flex and got 6-1/2 hours of screen time with above 15% left over (??). Opera had three hours of CPU and 30% battery load, Screen had 27% load and Android OS had 18%....I see almost 11 hours of keep awake time, so I'll be running a wakelock detector to see if I can disable something to bring that down a little more. I'm not as obsessed as some about wakelocks and such, but saving 10% battery per day is worth it to reach four days off the mains reliably.