Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Tip/Warning

Just discovered that the "Mode" option is disabled when you open the camera from the lock screen. Hummmm

Default Re: Camera Tip/Warning

Hm, something screwy is going on with yours then. Just double-checked mine and I have no problems accessing the mode options when opening the camera from the lock screen. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Just discovered that the "Mode" option is disabled when you open the camera from the lock screen. Hummmm
    Correct, the mode option is disable if opened from the lock screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nothing is every easy! <lol>

When I access the camera from the lock screen, modes are not disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    When I access the camera from the lock screen, modes are not disabled.
    Well that's a bummer cause mine is disabled.

The only time I had any problems with that is the first time I used the camera. The modes were disabled when I had the storage set to my sd card but that is not the case now either. I have been fortunate not to have any of the problems with my phone that I am reading about.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    The only time I had any problems with that is the first time I used the camera. The modes were disabled when I had the storage set to my sd card but that is not the case now either. I have been fortunate not to have any of the problems with my phone that I am reading about.
    I have mine set to SD card as well, can't imagine saving 10,000 to 20,000 pics to my phone lol.

This is correct :

The mode button is only disabled if the phone is locked (secured). If the phone is not locked the mode button will be usable regardless of where your photos are stored.

ie I use fingerprint scanner to secure my device after 3 mins of inactivity. Accessing the camera from the lock screen within those first 3 mins, the mode button works. If its been longer then 3 mins and it requires my finger scan the mode button will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ_AK View Post
    This is correct :

The mode button is only disabled if the phone is locked (secured). If the phone is not locked the mode button will be usable regardless of where your photos are stored.

Why though?

ie I use fingerprint scanner to secure my device after 3 mins of inactivity. Accessing the camera from the lock screen within those first 3 mins, the mode button works. If its been longer then 3 mins and it requires my finger scan the mode button will not work.