Call Waiting Not Working (Calls Disconnecting) - Samsung Galaxy S5

hakhan

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am using my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon) for my work and I recently noticed a flaw in the phone. Can someone please confirm this if they are also experiencing this particular issue. Here is the scenario:

1) Dial a phone number and begin your call # 1.
2) While keeping the call # 1 active, ask someone to give you a call.
3) Accept the incoming call # 2, and speak for a few seconds.
4) Disconnect or 'End' the call # 2.
5) This will also end the call # 1 and you have lost both calls.

Here is another scenario:

1) Dial a phone number and begin your call # 1.
2) While keeping the call # 1 active, ask someone to give you a call.
3) Accept the incoming call # 2, and speak for a few seconds.
4) SWAP the calls from #2 to #1
5) End the call #1.
6) This will also end the call # 2 and you have lost both calls.

BOTTOM LINE: Disconnecting any one call during call waiting will automatically disconnect the other call as well.

Any solutions or ideas on how to resolve this issue? I attend a lot of conference bridges and audio trainings for my business work and I appreciate a quick help on this problem. I have tried all kind of options in the phone and nothing seems to working :-\

Thanks.
Chicago Guy !

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I also can't hang up just one call, but when I do hang up the live call, the call that was on hold calls back after a few seconds. I believe it is a carrier issue, not the phone, but I could be mistaken.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That would happen to me on all my devices, Samsung, htc, Palm while on Sprint. I have Tmobile now, and haven't taken a call waiting call yet. I always thought it was a Sprint specific issue...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That would happen to me on all my devices, Samsung, htc, Palm while on Sprint. I have Tmobile now, and haven't taken a call waiting call yet. I always thought it was a Sprint specific issue...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I had that issue with Sprint as well. I've only ever had Sprint and Verizon, so maybe it's a CDMA thing.

hakhan

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you may be right, since all my life I've used AT&T and this is the first time I'm on a CDMA based carrier. Until a few months ago I had a Samsung Note 2 on AT&T network and it was working flawlessly regarding call waiting functionality.

So either this is network related issue, or Samsung Galaxy S5 specific issue. We need someone who is not experiencing this issue on Samsung S5. This is very critical and troubling issue, since after the disconnect of both calls, even if the call # 1 is automatically redialing, it is of no use to me (since most of the times I am driving and I do not have the pincode or passcode to re-join the business meeting)

Also, I have gone through the entire forum and could not figure out on how to bring weather on my locked screen. I've tried giving all kinds of permissions and enabling all the options as mentioned in other posts, yet the weather is not showing on my screen !

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Disconnecting one calls doesn't actually disconnect both calls even though it may seem this way. If you hang up on caller one, your phone will ring. The person on the other line won't hear a ring tone but you need to answer. Its an odd way of doing things but dating back to the T-Mobile HTC G1 I can't think of an Android phone that did this differently.

Just think of this as a weird way to swap calls while hanging up. You shouldn't really be disconnected as far as I've noticed throughout the years.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

hakhan

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Disconnecting one calls doesn't actually disconnect both calls even though it may seem this way. If you hang up on caller one, your phone will ring. The person on the other line won't hear a ring tone but you need to answer. Its an odd way of doing things but dating back to the T-Mobile HTC G1 I can't think of an Android phone that did this differently.

Just think of this as a weird way to swap calls while hanging up. You shouldn't really be disconnected as far as I've noticed throughout the years.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Thanks for the tip, and I think it works when both of the calls are individuals with private phone numbers. If you are attending a conference bridge or a meeting (a 1-866, 877 or 888 number) , then you will not receive a call back.

This limitation is proving very painful. And I think this is purely related to CDMA based networks (such as Verizon). But can someone please confirm ?

Last edited:

taybaby412

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue as well. I just switched over from ATT to Sprint...and I have a Galaxy S5 and my fiance' has the LG G3 and we both have this issue..we are on a call, switch over to Call #2, hit end call and it ends both. only TWICE for ME did it actually call me back...has anyone solved this issue or should I contact Sprint?

Thanks

Dianna Watson

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
SETTINGS - HOME SCREEN MODE - select STANDARD MODE

I'm still having problems when: my phone rings and i answer, the line is open but cannot hear anyone. same happens when i make a call too... usually i they call back the call would connect.

garne2t

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. Samsung S4 on Verizon.

My common scenario is:

1) Call someone and it goes to voicemail
2) The person I called wasn't able to answer in time so the call me back while I am leaving them a voicemail
3) I try to drop my outgoing call where I am leaving a voicemail
4) The incoming call is hung up on.

Datrebor

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 on US Cellular and I would take one call and be talking for awhile when I get another call but when I hang up on the second call I also hang up on the first one. The person I was talking to actually has to call me back, my phone shows call ended.

auntmannys

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
same thing happens to me on the galaxy 4 using US Cellular....i personally think its a samsung issue....thats just speculation tho...still havent found a solution to the problem...

BVRECC

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
i was able to fix this problem on my Galaxy Note 3 by taking it off Easy Mode found under the Settings menu.

Hope This was a bit helpful.

mrobertson7539

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and have the same issue. MERGE doesn't work with incoming calls either.

I was first told that this was a network issue by Verizon(brick store), then called the tech support and then was told that its a Software programing issue with Android only.... This is a NON issue on APPLE devices, so its not the network.

MrC05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently switched from AT&T to Vz and am experiencing all the same issues. I just got off the line with a Vz tech and she confirmed that it's a CDMA issue. I had the Samsung Galazy S4 on AT&T and didn't have this issue. Now I am with my Not 5 on Vz. There's nothing we can really do about it from what I'm gathering from the Vz tech. I guess I'll just have to live with it. Luckily I have a google voice # that I can use on my PC if I need to get a third call out while my other 2 lines are tied up on my cell. That's a hassle to have to do all of that but when you're on a conference call at 3AM trying to fix someone's network problems, you do what you have to do.

Brandy McNeill

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I can b on one call and another call come in and the first caller is dropped. Fix it. I pay my bill I expect to have fantastic service!

Posted via the Android Central App

divv2

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
My god nobody has answer to this problem same issue here....#1 on call . #2 someone calling ...if i cut the #2 call after 5 sec #1 also disconnects...missed my interview having this issue.....#verizon galaxy S5 sucks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21