Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Google Now Reminders for Home and Work not working

Just got a new Galaxy S5 and I can't figure out how to set a reminder for Home or Work.

I can tell Google to 'Remind me to ____ or 'Remind me to get milk at Safeway' and it works just fine. But whenever I say 'Remind me to ___ when I get home' or '.... at work,' it just does an internet search.

My Home and Work locations are correctly set in Google Now, in my Google Profile, and show up in Google Maps. Google Now also shows me traffic to Home or to Work without a problem.

But I can't set a reminder...

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem or are your Reminders working correctly?

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Now Reminders for Home and Work not working

I see lots of views, but no responses. Does anyone else have this problem or is it working correctly for you?

It's a Galaxy S5, Verizon, running 4.4.2

Thanks

i have same issue. google now knows home, places I search for, but not work... Galaxy s4

Reminders are only seen if you go into google now. If you want an actual tone/sound you need to say set an alarm. Reminders are just a list...alarms actually go off and make noise at the time you want.

I've noticed the same issue since I used this heavily on the iPhone. According to Google this is supposed to work.

It's frustrating because if you say the exact phrase written in the help article into Google Now, it pulls up a search with that help article first.

Galaxy S5 4.4.2

Now that I switched to Nova Launcher I can say ok google remind me tomorrow at 7am to bring my work out shorts and at 7am the next day an audible alert goes off, and a message saying bring work out shorts ......don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but it works great!

Normal reminders work fine Jon, this is specifically for location based reminders for home and work. You should be able to say Remind me when I get home.. for a pop up when you get within vicinity of your house based on GPS location.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Molloy View Post
    Normal reminders work fine Jon, this is specifically for location based reminders for home and work. You should be able to say Remind me when I get home.. for a pop up when you get within vicinity of your house based on GPS location.
    Ahhhh I see. I'll try that today and see if mine works....I'll report back. Ok google knows my home and work, so all I need to do is say ok google remind me when I get home to start drinking and when I pull up to my home I should receive a notification to start drinking correct?

It worked, pulled into my parking lot, notification sound and a little finger with String thingy telling me it's time to drink!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts

I tried a 'remind me at work to change the backup drive' and it worked fine.

Posted via Android Central App