Voicemail auto dial the password // How to set it up

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;

I don't remember how to set up the password in voicemail so it will dial in automatically when checking my voicemails.

Thank you for the details on this.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I probably was not very clear.

What I mean is:

I receive a voicemail.

I see the voicemail icon on my phone.

I click on it, it opens the phone app and as you hear the recording asking for your password, the phone automatically dials/inputs your password for you and you can hear your voicemail.

This is so you do not have to input the password each time.

Verizon.

Thank you.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Go into your call settings (in the dialer) click on voicemail, change #98 to *98,XXXX. I don't have a galaxy but it should be similar.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I found the settings for G S5:

Click on phone symbol // three dots(menu) // settings // Call // Voicemail Settings // click on voicemail number // after the *86(for Verizon) // ,,XXXXX# // Save it
XXXX=your passcode

Last edited:

J-Nicolas

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That was it. Did this when I first purchased cell phone. However, the new software update wiped it out & I could not remember how to do it.

Thank you!!!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That was it. Did this when I first purchased cell phone. However, the new software update wiped it out & I could not remember how to do it.

Thank you!!!

Aw Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verizon did it to me again..... I did not even think about the voice mail auto dial until I read this post.

and yup! They destroyed my mailbox settings totally, and now I have to recreate all of that junk.

What is worse, they no longer will accept identical digits in a row. I have always just used 4444 because it is fast and easy to do one handed.

Then auto dial came along and I just left it that way.

all fixed now...... thanks

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I found the settings for G S5:

Click on phone symbol // three dots(menu) // settings // Call // Voicemail Settings // click on voicemail number // after the *86(for Verizon) // ,,XXXXX# // Save it
XXXX=your passcode

I just bought a Note 5 last week.
I was trying to setup automatic playing of voicemail, and was on Samsung chat with 2 different reps (for over 45 minutes total) and they couldn't figure this out. Glad I found this thread. One, two, three, done!!
Thanks for the info.