SPAM/ADS All over my phone

Daniel D1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just made the switch from Apple to Samsung, this phones driving me a little nuts.

I can't pinpoint what it is, I installed a bunch of apps all in the same day. I'm getting spam and ads everywhere I go. When I click skip ad it loads a webpage or the app store to download. I unlock my phone, boom ad. I click messages, AD, I click my browser another pop up. It's literally driving me crazy. It doesn't happen every time but very often.

I installed TrustGo Ad Detector, it has leak identity info and collection location = 20. Basically, all of my apps. The rest - 0.

I installed Ad Network Detector by Lookout Labs.

I have 1 collect location info - AdMob - When I click AdMob (20 apps) - All of my apps.
I have 5 collect device or mobile network info - Admob (20 apps), Mobclix (1 app), MoPub (3 apps), Millennial (4 apps).
The other scan results are 0.

I believe this started after I installed the Iphone 5s keyboard ios7. I'm going to uninstall it and see if that fixes it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It has to be an app. AdMob is a Google ad network which is why it shows up as all of your apps.

If you look at the reviews for the keyboard, someone probably mentions those popup ads. Uninstalling it should do the trick.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OP, I would suggest a factory reset to clear out any bad app that is causing these issues. Re-install apps slowly (with use in between installs) and see if the problem returns. If it does, then it's likely the last app you installed. That way you know what app is causing the problem and can look for an alternative to that app.

Be sure to sync with your Google account and backup call log and text messages before a factory reset.

Daniel D1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate all of the responses, thanks guys.

It ended up actually being that app - Iphone 5s keyboard ios7. Uninstalled, ads gone.

Cheers,
D