- 10 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
upgrading the firmware on S5
I had a question. If I have a w8 firmware version of Samsung s5 (Canadian) and I just flashed alliance rom which is built on 900f firmware version could I then apply the new firmware upgrade that recently came out for the s5?I know none of the Canadian carriers have released it yet but I am using a different firmware and there have been no problems with my current provider. If this was possible then would it make my phone back to unroot (stock) since it is rooted right now?
- 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM #2
Re: upgrading the firmware on S5
Typically, you have to wait for the ROM developer to update the ROM. Chances are, the update wouldn't apply and would make you sad.
Posted via Android Central App
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 10Last Post: 12-01-2015, 05:54 PM
- By SleepMakePlay in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM
- By Batman8888 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 3Last Post: 06-02-2014, 02:56 PM
- By MamaBear2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 22Last Post: 05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
- By GGearX in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:29 AM