Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Plugging Phone into vehicle USB Port

When plugging my Galaxy s5 into my truck's USB port I receive a "USB Error" on the display screen. The USB connection charges my phone, but it will not allow me to connect via USB in order to play music. What can I do in order to listen to music from my phone via USB to the truck? Thanks.

Default Re: Plugging Phone into vehicle USB Port

That's because the s5 uses mtp storage instead of usb mass storage. Your stereo doesn't recognize mtp. Either use the auxiliary Jack or get a blue tooth adapter to use in the auxiliary Jack. I know, it sux. If you root, you can download a usb mass storage app from the market, but that still didn't work with my usb cable in my tahoe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

It might be helpful to know what kind of truck you have. I have a Ford Flex that has two usb ports. I can't listen to music via USB from my phone but I can listen to music via BT from my phone...but I don't. I use a USB thumb drive for music.

It works fine for me. I went on a trip a week ago and used it. I have a lincoln, set my car to media.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Bell2 View Post
    When plugging my Galaxy s5 into my truck's USB port I receive a "USB Error" on the display screen. The USB connection charges my phone, but it will not allow me to connect via USB in order to play music. What can I do in order to listen to music from my phone via USB to the truck? Thanks.
    Try the auxiliary port or Bluetooth as recommended by Mst99. Let us know if you have further questions.