Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Security Policy Updates

So far I've declined each attempt to get me to auto update. I don't like what I read in their policy. Do you allow these updates and if you don't, can you please tell me how to keep it from asking?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: Security Policy Updates

go to settings/general/security/security policy updates and un tick the check box
    Thanked by 2:
    noniePainFX 

What about the send Samsung report? Do you'll have that checked?

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    So far I've declined each attempt to get me to auto update. I don't like what I read in their policy. Do you allow these updates and if you don't, can you please tell me how to keep it from asking?
    Thanks
    i decline to ALL of them also
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sjaduae View Post
    go to settings/general/security/security policy updates and un tick the check box
    I don't have a "general/security option but I do have settings/security. Security policy updates is already UNchecked. Send security reports is also UNchecked but that doesn't stop a warning or two a day from popping up asking me to allow these updates

I am in the same boat. Has no one looked into the update to see what is going on? This is the second one I have refused so far. The last one I swiped away was I think late last Fall.

This update is from Samsung. It has the solid white security shield with an up-arrow in the bottom right side of the shield. It is an SE security update, IE: Security Enhancement. It will usually occur after a software update and will appear even if you have automatic updates. It is a trusted update. After you update it, re-boot your phone and run your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware app. TrustGo is another good program to scan your apps and downloads with.

Hope this helps.