Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy S5, fingerprint reader and bluetooth keyboard problem?

I've had the s5 for a few weeks now, and I've found an annoying issue that I can't seem to work around.

I like the finger print reader, and it makes life more convenient when securing the phone. However, when at my desk, I like to put the phone on a holder and use a bluetooth keyboard. It's much faster and more convenient.

When the phone is on a holder, you can't really swipe your thumb without picking it up, so I want to use the alternate password.

However, there isn't any way to have it accept the password! I can type it in fine, but the enter key does nothing. I have to touch in the field, bring up the on-screen keyboard and hit the DONE button. I've tried it with two different keyboards, and every combination of ctrl-alt-shift enter, end, sys rq, etc. Nothing works.

Default Re: Galaxy S5, fingerprint reader and bluetooth keyboard problem?

Click the back arrow.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S5, fingerprint reader and bluetooth keyboard problem?

Hi john,

I tried it just now, and the back arrow will let me go left through the password (moves the cursor). I tried enter (also looks like a back arrow), left,right, up, down, tab, shift-tab. Nothing seems to work. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Click the back arrow.