Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NickA
  • 1 Post By JJM1975
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 and Battery Issues

Hello All. I just switched from an iPhone 5S a couple days ago and I am having a few issues. The first one is the battery. It will drop like 40% over night with the screen being off. Not to mention during the day when I am actually using it. I feel like I am back on the the HTC Thunderbolt. I had the Verizon Cloud turned on, which has since been turned off, and the battery is a little better. I am wondering, I turned on VZ Protect, and I am sure that is a power hog, but do not see away to disable it. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 and Battery Issues

Are you using app killer, cache cleaner, ram booster or anti virus? If so, uninstall them, they are battery hogs, get rid of VZ protect as well. The battery should last at least a day or more, some people only charge their S5 every other day. Mine has been off charger for 9 hours now and it's at 93%. I may not charge it until the weekend. Under HEAVY usage you may see a 4-5% drop per hour at most.

Global Posts
    2,661 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Are you also using the Verizon Message+ for SMS? That drained my battery because it was constantly trying to sync. Get rid of everything Verizon.

Also, go to Settings --> Battery and check out what is using the battery the most.
    TMFoughty likes this.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Make sure you have location services turned off when not using it. There is a bug in there.
    TMFoughty likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had to turn off all the options for VZ Protect, then it would allow me to disable it. Android system is the largest at 20%.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Are you using app killer, cache cleaner, ram booster or anti virus? If so, uninstall them, they are battery hogs, get rid of VZ protect as well. The battery should last at least a day or more, some people only charge their S5 every other day. Mine has been off charger for 9 hours now and it's at 93%. I may not charge it until the weekend. Under HEAVY usage you may see a 4-5% drop per hour at most.
    The only anti-virus was the VZ Protect. It is off now. I did not have any of the others installed. I will see how it goes now. I was dropping 5% every 15 minutes it seemed like. I am below 50% now and it was taken off the charger at 9:30 AM. It's 4:30 PM now.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Use Ultra Power Saving Mode (down sweep from top with TWO fingers) every night and when not in use. I get an average of 5 days between charges and 4 hours of screen time doing that.

@TMF-oughty

I have turned off all the options that I could find in VZ Protect, via Settings in the app, but, I still can't disable it or uninstall it. Any advise?

Thanks

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Restore your phone??