Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory Rest Question

I didn't perform a FR on my S5, I did one on my Razr as I was preparing it to give to my grandson when I got my S5. I'm hoping it's a fairly generic question and not specific to the Razr. I think it is. As I said, I did a factory reset. I turned the phone off, pressed a combination of side buttons till I got to the triage type screen. Got the warning that all my data would be wiped clean, etc. Phone booted back up, the screen looked new and it took me thru the process of setting up the phone. I didn't include my gmail acct, just skipped all of that. ALL MY DATA WAS STILL THERE (excluding the external SD card as it had been removed earlier). Docs, pictures, music....still there. How can that be? When I was telling my daughter, she was nodding her head before I even finished telling her. So what does factory reset and "warning, this will wipe clean all your personal data" mean? I just cleaned it by hand but curious why a FR doesn't reset it to factory settings?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    795 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: Factory Rest Question

I just did a reset on my GS5 from the settings menu and it cleared everything. If you did it from recovery on your other device, perhaps it was a system wipe it didn't clear the internal SD partition or data?

Posted via Android Central App