Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...

What's up guys? Can anyone help with this?

While my screen is off I want my phone to:
    • Make a notification sound.
    • Wake up the screen.
    • On-screen prompt that I received email.

Basically just want to have enough info so I can decide if I want to unlock my phone to read it or not.

Other info:
    My phone is encrypted.
    AT&T so no root access.

I don't want to keep turning it on to see if I have a notification. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...

Anyone??

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...

NiLS Floating Panel might work for you.

You can have the LED indicators blink to let you know you have a message waiting.

You can have the telco app wake up the phone and present you with the name of the caller, I programmed the Home Key to answer the phone so no unlocking required to do that.

I don't want email to do anything, so have that turned off. I did look at MyMail notification settings, it can do a lot, but I have all notifications turned off on my phone so it can't do anything anyway.

I see that NiLS Floating Panel was suggested while I was writing this post.... that looks like a good option to try. However, I did see where someone says it doesn't work with the S5.... please come back and tell us your results with trying on your S5.

It does work. I'm using it on my S5. NiLS widget doesn't work, but the floating panel extension works quite well.
    AZgl1500 likes this.