- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...
What's up guys? Can anyone help with this?
While my screen is off I want my phone to:
- Make a notification sound.
- Wake up the screen.
- On-screen prompt that I received email.
Basically just want to have enough info so I can decide if I want to unlock my phone to read it or not.
My phone is encrypted.
AT&T so no root access.
I don't want to keep turning it on to see if I have a notification. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!
- 05-17-2014, 12:28 AM #3
- 05-17-2014, 12:35 AM #4
Re: Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...
You can have the LED indicators blink to let you know you have a message waiting.
You can have the telco app wake up the phone and present you with the name of the caller, I programmed the Home Key to answer the phone so no unlocking required to do that.
I don't want email to do anything, so have that turned off. I did look at MyMail notification settings, it can do a lot, but I have all notifications turned off on my phone so it can't do anything anyway.
I see that NiLS Floating Panel was suggested while I was writing this post.... that looks like a good option to try. However, I did see where someone says it doesn't work with the S5.... please come back and tell us your results with trying on your S5.
- 05-17-2014, 08:51 AM #5
- By U WOT M8 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 05-18-2014, 09:34 PM
- By dynamicaura in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 13Last Post: 05-18-2014, 12:06 AM
- By Hewy Puffmister in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 05-17-2014, 06:11 AM
- By skuni in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 5Last Post: 05-16-2014, 11:39 PM