Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Memory card

    I want to move my music from my iPod to my phone and I know my measly 2gb micro SD will not hold all 4k of my songs. Is this a good micro SD card? Will this 32gb work or will I need to do at least 64 ? I mainly keep only my photos and ringtones on my micro SD.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Memory card-screenshot_2014-05-16-01-24-15.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I'm also looking at this one.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Memory card-screenshot_2014-05-16-01-43-57.jpg  
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I guess its too much costly in amazon that the local market
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by RennieDowns View Post
    I guess its too much costly in amazon that the local market
    Whichever I get I'm probably going to try eBay because its cheaper. Amazon charges a lot for shipping.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Memory card

    No, the shipping charges are almost same more or less, but on E bay we get variations with the cost. so i would prefer E bay
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Memory card

    i think this is very costly memory card in Bangladesh i'm getting 32gb only in 1300tk means 15-16 dollars.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I actually wan to know if either of these will work in my phone and whether or not my songs will fit on the card. I have 4000+ songs.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Memory card

    They will both work in your phone, however you need to figure out how much data those 4000 songs will take up. How big are they? If they are less than about 29GB it should work fine and they should all fit. Also, unless you buy from a reputable vendor it doesn't matter if you buy them on eBay or Amazon, they can still be fake.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,057 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    I actually wan to know if either of these will work in my phone and whether or not my songs will fit on the card. I have 4000+ songs.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes, both will work. I agree with cyberdman.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdman View Post
    They will both work in your phone, however you need to figure out how much data those 4000 songs will take up. How big are they? If they are less than about 29GB it should work fine and they should all fit. Also, unless you buy from a reputable vendor it doesn't matter if you buy them on eBay or Amazon, they can still be fake.
    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  10. #10  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,057 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Memory card

    I got the 32 GB SanDisk Pixtor from bestbuy not too long ago for around 20-21 taxes included.
    But I haven't used it yet since I'm using a 32 GB class 4 SanDisk.

    Many people with Samsung phones say Samsung SD cards are better. I'm not sure about that.
    I have used with my GS4 SD cards from SanDisk, Kingston and PNY, all of them have worked flawlessly.

    Now if money isn't tight and you want to make sure you get plenty of storage, you could get a 64 GB card, heck, the GS5 can use cards of up to 128 GB.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Thanks everyone for your input

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I have an older class 10 Samsung 32GB card that I have been using since my GSII days. Been wanting to upgrade to 64GB for my new GS5, maybe one of these days I'll do it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I went with the 32 GB sandisk that I posted. I'll hope for the best. If it doesn't work out at least I'll still have my iPod. Lord knows I'm not giving that up until I make sure this works 😂😂

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  
    Lodadroid's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: Memory card

    I want to try this also and im waiting for other replies if it really works.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I was two days late getting to the city to buy the Samsung EVO 64GB card for $50 By the time I got there, it was back up to $80.
    You can buy it on eBay for $43 (free shipping) but I'm afraid of getting a fake card. The seller I'm looking at has 99% positive feedback out of 14K reviews.
    64GB Micro SD Samsung SDXC MicroSD Microsdxc TF Class 10 48MB s 64G 64 GB EVO | eBay
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    I went with the 32 GB sandisk that I posted. I'll hope for the best. If it doesn't work out at least I'll still have my iPod. Lord knows I'm not giving that up until I make sure this works ����

    Posted via Android Central App
    What do you think may not "work out"? If it's a micro SD card, it will work. Just make sure it's a class 10. It's faster. The HC in SDHC just means "high capacity". Both of these cards will work. I'm looking for a 64GB micro SD for my Samsung Galaxy 2014. I've got the Samsung 32GB EVO for my phone. That's plenty for me.
  17. #17  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    I want to move my music from my iPod to my phone and I know my measly 2gb micro SD will not hold all 4k of my songs. Is this a good micro SD card? Will this 32gb work or will I need to do at least 64 ? I mainly keep only my photos and ringtones on my micro SD.

    Posted via Android Central App
    That's exactly what I'm using in my S5. I haven't had any issues at all with it. Make sure you format it before you put stuff on it.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    What do you think may not "work out"? If it's a micro SD card, it will work. Just make sure it's a class 10. It's faster. The HC in SDHC just means "high capacity". Both of these cards will work. I'm looking for a 64GB micro SD for my Samsung Galaxy 2014. I've got the Samsung 32GB EVO for my phone. That's plenty for me.
    Im afraid all my ipod music won't fit along with my pics and ringtones on a 32. I'm a bit of a music hoarder. I'm always adding more songs daily.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Just be careful I'm having problems playing and storing music on my SD cards I've had the same problems with 32g and 64g cards you get albums that's sound all skippy then some don't play at all.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Memory card

    hello upto now you don't buy anything buy it quickly man
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewy Puffmister View Post
    Just be careful I'm having problems playing and storing music on my SD cards I've had the same problems with 32g and 64g cards you get albums that's sound all skippy then some don't play at all.
    You need to get a more high quality card then. It is the read speed that affects how music will play from the card. Those super cheapo deals on "faster" "high quality" cards are usually because they are pirated fakes and that is why they won't perform as advertised.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I was two days late getting to the city to buy the Samsung EVO 64GB card for $50 By the time I got there, it was back up to $80.
    You can buy it on eBay for $43 (free shipping) but I'm afraid of getting a fake card. The seller I'm looking at has 99% positive feedback out of 14K reviews.
    64GB Micro SD Samsung SDXC MicroSD Microsdxc TF Class 10 48MB s 64G 64 GB EVO | eBay
    Okay, with a high percentage over thousands of reviews, this seller is definitely for real.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I bought it
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I was two days late getting to the city to buy the Samsung EVO 64GB card for $50 By the time I got there, it was back up to $80.
    You can buy it on eBay for $43 (free shipping) but I'm afraid of getting a fake card. The seller I'm looking at has 99% positive feedback out of 14K reviews.
    64GB Micro SD Samsung SDXC MicroSD Microsdxc TF Class 10 48MB s 64G 64 GB EVO | eBay
    If he's had 14,000 replies, with a 99% approval rating, I wouldn't worry about a fake rating.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Memory card

    I my 32 gb card today . It works fine and i was able to get all my music on it , but i probably should have gotten a 64 gb. I have 4 gb left on the card with my pics, ringtones, and music. Trying to delet songs i don't listen to . lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I transfer apps from a microSD card to my One M8?
    By CannedBullets in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 02:17 AM
  2. Newbie SD Card Help
    By Russ Sims in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 12:08 AM
  3. Note 3 VZW with T-mobile sim card attached .Need KitKat update
    By Elijah Watson1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
  4. Can't see SD Card in computer - LG Optimus F6
    By N7AS in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
  5. Error in internal memory. Restarting
    By Dulanjana Perera in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 7-inch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions