Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Smart Remote app lock screen

Hi i just got software update yesterday , but after done installed it smart remote app is no longer appear in lock screen, auto display remote control on lock screen already on , i already try to restart the phone , turn off auto remote and turn back on still not appear in lock screen , any ideas?
    Sorry for bad english

Default Re: Smart Remote app lock screen

Go into the remote settings and click the spot where it says show up on lock screen.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Already done that still not appear in lock screen , this isssue occur after software update , before That it appears on my lock screen
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Yes I have the same issue. Here's hoping someone at Samsung notices this and fixes it asap.

I thought there was a problem with my phone specifically...

Not solution but work around: start the smart remote app, open your controller (fx tv). Then press the home button to minimize the app (don't use back button). Now it shows up on lock screen if you ticked the setting in smart remote.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.

Yes, that works but removes the Owner Information scroll. Really need to keep that.

Yeah, this is rather annoying. I noticed this the other day when I was messing around with the settings. I don't like the remote on my lock screen but I did notice that it wasn't working. Also, the fact that they removed the ability to have widgets on the lock screen is pretty lame and one of the few things I do not like about this phone. What were they thinking?