Looking at buying the S5

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the HTC Evo 4G LTE and am eligible for an upgrade. I am tired of HTC being so slow with their updates and essentially not supporting their phones the way they should. I'm seriously considering the S5, but was curious as to what your guys' thoughts are on the phone itself. I'll be on the Sprint Network. Pros, Cons, any other phones I should be considering? Will the be releasing a beefier version of the S5 and should I wait for that?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

felyke

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I Love my s5 on sprint but the Galaxy S5 Prime supposedly is 2 months away. You could wait to see what improvements it brings but the S5 is still a great device the way it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If your main complaint is lack of support , I don't know if Samsung is your best choice. I'd go for a Nexus or MotoX first. In fact, that's what I meant to do, but the features of the S5 were too good to ignore.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I Love my s5 on sprint but the Galaxy S5 Prime supposedly is 2 months away. You could wait to see what improvements it brings but the S5 is still a great device the way it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I read the other day this will be a Korea release, not here in the states.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the evo lte to the g5 its a nice phone but has a 4g bug and the evo took better indoor low light picturez but besides thag its a nice phone.

Sent from my Galaxy 3 Tab with Tapatalk.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I read the other day this will be a Korea release, not here in the states.

Good.

I understand technology moves fast but this is ridiculous. Normally I wouldn't care but kijiji is now a risk with scum bags selling and then reporting phones stolen getting them blacklisted. This means I can't exactly sell my S5 and buy the Prime as I used up my upgrades. /rant.
LOL

As for OP, get the Google Edition S5 or any like hTc One M8. I would use the upgrade when Apple releases iPhone 6 and sell it for profit.

I would recommend the Sony XPERIA Z2 but it's not available and not sure how Sony is with updates.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung isn't real fast with their updates. If you are looking for quick updates than go with a Nexus device like the Nexus 4 or 5. They get their updates straight from Google. If you're looking for an amazing phone then go with the S5. The Super AMOLED HD screen is amazing as is the battery life. I had a Nexus 4 before I got the S5.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
If you want quick updates HTC is now the fastest OEM to push out updates. However if you want the fastest updates it's best to go with a something from Motorola or Google, like the moto X or the nexus 5