Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

    If so how do I set it up
    On my old iPhone I received hotmails strait away but that doesn't seem so on galaxy s5
    Any help please
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Yes. Go into email app. Manage accounts. Pick the email account that you want to modify. Sync settings. Sync schedule.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kolnberger View Post
    Yes. Go into email app. Manage accounts. Pick the email account that you want to modify. Sync settings. Sync schedule.
    Did that but didn't work so I installed another mail app and that sends me my mail using the same e mail address but the stock mail app doesn't
    Any ideas
  4. #4  
    erasat's Avatar

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Quote Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
    If so how do I set it up
    On my old iPhone I received hotmails strait away but that doesn't seem so on galaxy s5
    Any help please
    In order to get Push emails you must set your Hotmail account as an Exchange Server account not the regular setup process provided by the email app where set the account as an IMAP or POP account.

    Google Android Hotmail Exchange settings.
  5. #5  
    djjeffa's Avatar

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

    I had my hotmail work great on my evo but for some reason ill click refresh an it still dont always show the newest emails. I have to use the web browser to see them.

    Sent from my Galaxy 3 Tab with Tapatalk.
    get in da mix
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    In order to get Push emails you must set your Hotmail account as an Exchange Server account not the regular setup process provided by the email app where set the account as an IMAP or POP account.

    Google Android Hotmail Exchange settings.
    I really need a idiots guide for this it says I need to turn 2 step verification off but I can even find that
    Any help please
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

    On mine I went to Settings, sync, enable push.
    I have the Outlook app which is for Hotmail.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    erasat's Avatar

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Quote Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
    I really need a idiots guide for this it says I need to turn 2 step verification off but I can even find that
    Any help please
    I don't know about any 2 steps verification off message as I didn't get that, but if it tells you that, then you should look online on how to disable that first.

    If you want to add the Exchange server account just go to the email app and the 3 dots at the top right, then settings, Manage Accounts, Plus Sign, Enter your information and hit the Manual Setup, Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and be sure to include your whole email address as your username in the Domain\username field, like this \user@hotmail.com, then in your Exchange Server enter; bay404-m.hotmail.com . Then complete the following steps ad be sure to select Push as your options pulling emails.
  9. #9  

    Default Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

    Open mail app
    Go to settings
    Now Account settings
    Press on your mail ID
    Sync settings
    Sync schedule
    Set sync schedule


    Make sure peak schedule is turned ON for all days.
    Best thing is turn off peak schedule.

    Now try sending mail once and see if your phone responds

    P.S while setting up stock mail app , just type password and mail ID (don't go manual setup)


    Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    I don't know about any 2 steps verification off message as I didn't get that, but if it tells you that, then you should look online on how to disable that first.

    If you want to add the Exchange server account just go to the email app and the 3 dots at the top right, then settings, Manage Accounts, Plus Sign, Enter your information and hit the Manual Setup, Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and be sure to include your whole email address as your username in the Domain\username field, like this \user@hotmail.com, then in your Exchange Server enter; bay404-m.hotmail.com . Then complete the following steps ad be sure to select Push as your options pulling emails.
    Thanks will give that a go
  11. #11  

    Question Re: Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

    Hi, I appreciate your instructions but this didn't work for me. In fact nothing is working for me when it comes to adding my HOTMAIL account. Sadly, this is the account I use for work, so it's very important that I figure this out. I have tried, manual, not manual, pop3, exchange, bay404 etc., m.hotmail etc., nothing is working. Even when it 'seems' to accept the settings it doesn't d/l the mail.
    Also, when you write, " Then complete the following steps ad be sure to select Push as your options pulling emails." What 'following steps'?
    Any other thoughts?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

    Hi. If you haven't already found the solution, try this. First, go to your hotmail account on your PC. Find the settings etc., once there, look for the SECURITY options. You'll find a 'recent' addition called Two step verification. It sucks the life out of you. When you see this choose the option, to NOT have this two step verification (nightmare) feature. Then, return to your lovable android device. You can add an account either by going directly to SETTINGS or by opening the email app, finding MANAGE ACCOUNTS and adding from there (+) Do not do anything unusual lol...... put in your hotmail email addy and your password. Believe it or not, that's it. You'll see options open such as PUSH etc., leave those alone for now and save. Return to the email app, chose your newly added hotmail account and now sync. Wait for it! There it works. whew

Similar Threads

  1. Overheating since Sense 6 update on M7
    By neo905 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 05:03 AM
  2. Crazy battery life on Galaxy S4
    By Yousef Amarneh in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 06:07 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 01:10 AM
  4. Sprint S5 Automatic Network Option
    By TimmyTwo2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 05:34 PM
  5. Any way to get a cheap data plan for my mom?
    By JnEricsonx in forum Verizon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions