Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

If so how do I set it up
    On my old iPhone I received hotmails strait away but that doesn't seem so on galaxy s5
    Any help please

Default Re: Hotmail can you get push

Yes. Go into email app. Manage accounts. Pick the email account that you want to modify. Sync settings. Sync schedule.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kolnberger View Post
    Yes. Go into email app. Manage accounts. Pick the email account that you want to modify. Sync settings. Sync schedule.
    Did that but didn't work so I installed another mail app and that sends me my mail using the same e mail address but the stock mail app doesn't
    Any ideas

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
    If so how do I set it up
    On my old iPhone I received hotmails strait away but that doesn't seem so on galaxy s5
    Any help please
    In order to get Push emails you must set your Hotmail account as an Exchange Server account not the regular setup process provided by the email app where set the account as an IMAP or POP account.

Google Android Hotmail Exchange settings.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Re: Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

I had my hotmail work great on my evo but for some reason ill click refresh an it still dont always show the newest emails. I have to use the web browser to see them.

Sent from my Galaxy 3 Tab with Tapatalk.
    get in da mix
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    In order to get Push emails you must set your Hotmail account as an Exchange Server account not the regular setup process provided by the email app where set the account as an IMAP or POP account.

Google Android Hotmail Exchange settings.
    I really need a idiots guide for this it says I need to turn 2 step verification off but I can even find that
    Any help please

Default Re: Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

On mine I went to Settings, sync, enable push.
    I have the Outlook app which is for Hotmail.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paultall90 View Post
    I really need a idiots guide for this it says I need to turn 2 step verification off but I can even find that
    Any help please
    I don't know about any 2 steps verification off message as I didn't get that, but if it tells you that, then you should look online on how to disable that first.

If you want to add the Exchange server account just go to the email app and the 3 dots at the top right, then settings, Manage Accounts, Plus Sign, Enter your information and hit the Manual Setup, Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and be sure to include your whole email address as your username in the Domain\username field, like this \user@hotmail.com, then in your Exchange Server enter; bay404-m.hotmail.com . Then complete the following steps ad be sure to select Push as your options pulling emails.

Default Hotmail can you get push on Galaxy S5

Open mail app
    Go to settings
    Now Account settings
    Press on your mail ID
    Sync settings
    Sync schedule
    Set sync schedule

Make sure peak schedule is turned ON for all days.
    Best thing is turn off peak schedule.

Now try sending mail once and see if your phone responds

P.S while setting up stock mail app , just type password and mail ID (don't go manual setup)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    I don't know about any 2 steps verification off message as I didn't get that, but if it tells you that, then you should look online on how to disable that first.

If you want to add the Exchange server account just go to the email app and the 3 dots at the top right, then settings, Manage Accounts, Plus Sign, Enter your information and hit the Manual Setup, Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and be sure to include your whole email address as your username in the Domain\username field, like this \user@hotmail.com, then in your Exchange Server enter; bay404-m.hotmail.com . Then complete the following steps ad be sure to select Push as your options pulling emails.
    Thanks will give that a go