Ordered mine! (Galaxy S5)

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my S5 through AT&T. I called this morning! Super excited. Anyone have any experiences with standard shipping? I would like to know when to expect it. Their site says 3-5 business days but the same site says 1-2 for overnight and I usually get it a day later. Anything nifty I should do right when I get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ordered mine!

Just ordered my S5 through AT&T. I called this morning! Super excited. Anyone have any experiences with standard shipping? I would like to know when to expect it. Their site says 3-5 business days but the same site says 1-2 for overnight and I usually get it a day later. Anything nifty I should do right when I get it?

I ordered mine from Verizon online, but I couldnt wait and did in store pickup lol.

First thing I would do is install Swiftkey and Nova Prime. But thats subjective.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Subjective doesn't matter I'm just looking for good things to do. Will probably go with Swiftkey because I always do but never been a huge fan of Nova although I haven't given it a fair shot yet! Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hope you enjoy it... Let us know when you get it :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

Subjective doesn't matter I'm just looking for good things to do. Will probably go with Swiftkey because I always do but never been a huge fan of Nova although I haven't given it a fair shot yet! Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I cant get Nova off of my phone. I personally think Action Launcher has more potential but right now there are no unread counts or multiple docks. Once they get those I will be Action Launcher exclusively more than likely.

I am a beta tester for Everything.Me and let me tell you that launcher is awesome also.

What color did you get?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Once you get it powered up and everything, go in and disable anything that says att on it and lookout as well

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

What ever you do make sure you do the following before you deactivate your iPhone or you'll have a bunch of issues with text messages.

-Turn off iMessage on all Apple devices
-logout of "find my iphone" on the iphone
-turn off FaceTime on the iPhone
-log out of itunes account on iPhone (settings-app store-select your Apple ID listed and select log out on the next screen)
-Log in with Apple ID, Edit Products, click X to the right of your iPhone and then remove/unregister:
https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth...URL=https://supportprofile.apple.com/homePage
-Text STOP to 48369
- all 1-800-myapple, when you start getting the automated menu system just press zero on your phone to get a rep and request that they remove your phone number from their servers as you are having problems with your text message. They should send you a text with a randomly generated code that you will have to read back to the rep and then they can submit your number to be removed once they enter that code.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Should be coming in today! Super excited. Hopefully it'll be there shortly after I get out of class :D

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my phone in the mail yesterday with the Gear 2 Neo and was super excited to open it and dove in. I got everything set up, deactivated my iPhone and began using the S5. Used or pretty extensively for the whole night and so far today at school and sadly I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong the phone is cool but it had some weird quirks that I can't figure out and a reset didn't help. The phone will randomly open the phone app even when I'm mid text or watching a video, it's very strange. The call quality compared to my 5S is night and day, I couldn't really understand what my wife was saying on my way to school today. The Neo is cool but my a Pebble works just fine and is always on. There are a lot of things I like but the low call quality and quirks lead me back to iOS. Glad you guys love the phone because it deserves to be loved by many for what it does right!

Posted via Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I got my phone in the mail yesterday with the Gear 2 Neo and was super excited to open it and dove in. I got everything set up, deactivated my iPhone and began using the S5. Used or pretty extensively for the whole night and so far today at school and sadly I'm not as happy as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong the phone is cool but it had some weird quirks that I can't figure out and a reset didn't help. The phone will randomly open the phone app even when I'm mid text or watching a video, it's very strange. The call quality compared to my 5S is night and day, I couldn't really understand what my wife was saying on my way to school today The Neo is cool but my a Pebble works just fine and is always on. There are a lot of things I like but the low call quality and quirks lead me back to iOS. Glad you guys love the phone because it deserves to be loved by many for what it does right!

That's odd. I have experienced the best call quality on this phone. Every bit as good as any other phone I have ever had. Worth a shot since you have it to do a factory reset and see if there are any software updates available under the about phone tab in the settings. Sorry you are having issues. This is a really great phone.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My main issue other than the call quality is that my phone will randomly open up the recent calls screen. Idk why but it will even do it when I'm on the phone. Is it a gesture I'm missing? Idk I really wanted to keep this phone