Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

There has been an update and I wondered if anyone had noticed any significant performance improvements? that was all the specification cited as the point of the upgrade

Seems it's supposed to improve camera opening times, Fingerprint scanner accuracy and speed, and gallery opening times. What do you think?

Simacca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I received the update ota the other day (uk) and I can confirm the fingerprint scanner is improved as is the camera and gallery. Overall I found the phone to be slightly faster now.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys

There has been an update and I wondered if anyone had noticed any significant performance improvements? that was all the specification cited as the point of the upgrade

Seems it's supposed to improve camera opening times, Fingerprint scanner accuracy and speed, and gallery opening times. What do you think?

AFIK, and it was so about 3 days ago, the UK is the only place where the update is available. As that is true, maybe Canada can also get it?

Therefore, the audience is slim on the users who have the update.

scaramouch1

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I did the 30.8mb OTA update on my s5 G900F
u can't do an OTA updata on the s5 itself using 3g data
cos Samsung have set a stupid low OTA 3g MB limit around 20mb

so I used a wifi hotspot from my s3 which enabled me to do an OTA update on the s5 itself

can't remember what phone was running like before update so not sure about improvements

so I tested it against my s3
camera opens slightly quicker than s3 so does pic gallery its faster at browsing web pages
and it hammers s3 in bench tests

fingerprint scanner works fine
was able to input multiple prints in device
every print unlocked phone
then I deleted all prints from device ok but its not something I'd use

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech