Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Simacca
  • 1 Post By AZgl1500
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)

Hi Guys

There has been an update and I wondered if anyone had noticed any significant performance improvements? that was all the specification cited as the point of the upgrade

Seems it's supposed to improve camera opening times, Fingerprint scanner accuracy and speed, and gallery opening times. What do you think?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)

118 people viewed and not one bothered to comment?

Default Re: Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)

Not sure what update, but no update on my S5.
    Thanked by:

I received the update ota the other day (uk) and I can confirm the fingerprint scanner is improved as is the camera and gallery. Overall I found the phone to be slightly faster now.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    tomothy94 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    Hi Guys

There has been an update and I wondered if anyone had noticed any significant performance improvements? that was all the specification cited as the point of the upgrade

Seems it's supposed to improve camera opening times, Fingerprint scanner accuracy and speed, and gallery opening times. What do you think?
    AFIK, and it was so about 3 days ago, the UK is the only place where the update is available. As that is true, maybe Canada can also get it?

Therefore, the audience is slim on the users who have the update.
    Thanked by:
    tomothy94 likes this.

I did the 30.8mb OTA update on my s5 G900F
    u can't do an OTA updata on the s5 itself using 3g data
    cos Samsung have set a stupid low OTA 3g MB limit around 20mb

so I used a wifi hotspot from my s3 which enabled me to do an OTA update on the s5 itself

can't remember what phone was running like before update so not sure about improvements

so I tested it against my s3
    camera opens slightly quicker than s3 so does pic gallery its faster at browsing web pages
    and it hammers s3 in bench tests

fingerprint scanner works fine
    was able to input multiple prints in device
    every print unlocked phone
    then I deleted all prints from device ok but its not something I'd use
    Last edited by scaramouch1; 05-21-2014 at 07:53 AM.

benchtest s5 G900F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)-screenshot_2014-04-29-13-32-30.jpg  

benchtest s5 G900F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone noticed improvements in the latest update (possibly UK only atm ?)-screenshot_2014-05-12-11-44-26.jpg